It’s not selfish to love yourself, take care of yourself, and make your Happiness a priority.
It’s necessary ~ Mandy Hale
We are living in a fast pace world. Everything is now. The kids want things now. If you are married, the husband wants things, yesterday. With that being said, when is it your time? It seems as if that’s a mute discussion when we ask ourselves this question.
Eventually, with the hustle and bustle of life’s demands we neglect ourselves until we become sick. What good are you if you don’t take care of self? I know sometimes it may seem impossible to do so with everything going on in your life. But, you need to put it on your list of to do’s. Stop neglecting yourself. There’s nothing wrong with taking some time out for you. It’s time you pamper yourself and love on you. YOU deserve it.
Your kids, husband or significant other will not die if one day you decide to say, enough is enough, today is all about ME! Sometimes we need to be a little selfish and do what we need to do for ourselves. It’s a good time for us to re-energize, re-fuel, and re-charge to get us through the next phase of what’s going on in our lives.
Have you ever thought about what your family would do if you were not around? Well, if you haven’t, I think it’s the perfect opportunity to do so, because if you don’t take time for self, then that’s just what might happen. You can’t be of service to others if you are no good to yourself.
The American Psychological Association states that women need to nurture themselves emotionally, physically, spiritually, and mentally. Some of their key facts states that women who exercise regularly, eat right, get sufficient sleep and find satisfaction in their work and personal lives have less depression, anxiety and chronic illnesses, such as heart disease.
So often, we think our families, cannot or will not survive if we don’t do every little thing for them. This is not true. God equipped them with the same type of abilities as you. You just decided to take on the role of superwoman. Now don’t get me wrong, it is different for women with smaller children. This may present a problem if there is no support system. That’s where reaching out to others come in or finding a supportive mommies group where you can connect with others that are in the same type of situation.
The benefits of taking care of yourself, outweighs the chances of you becoming sick and not being able to continue to be a support system for others or even just living longer. Here are 5 benefits of taking care of you:
1. You give yourself the opportunity to live longer ~ When you take care of yourself you increase your longevity. You realize you have the chance to enjoy life and scratch things off your bucket list.
2. You re-fuel your spirit ~ when you refuel your spirit; you are gearing up for the next phase in your life. Re-fueling means you have a chance to re-energize and re-charge to move forward.
3. You have taken control of your life ~ taking control of your life means you want to live healthier and you are doing everything possible to make sure eating healthy and exercising is first on your list.
4. You relinquish that superwoman role ~ take your cape off and learn how to say no. Realize everything doesn’t have to be done all at once.
5. You give yourself permission to love you ~ Once you’ve completed all of the four mentioned above you’ve given yourself permission to breathe. You have learned the benefits of talking care of yourself. You realize that self will never be neglected again. Whatever it takes you will make yourself a priority and give yourself whatever your heart’s desire.
Making time for self-care will need to be scheduled on your calendar just like all other appointments. It’s important that you take the time to revitalize your spirit. With everything that is going on with your day to day activities it’s so easy to put yourself last. That’s where you need to redirect your priorities and put yourself first. That way when you do come in contact family, friends, co-workers and the likes of the world, you will have a more positive and upbeat attitude.
Self-care is empowering, take charge of your life; it shows healthy behaviors and your children will know taking care of self is part of life.
What do you do for self-care?
What other benefits do you see in taking care of yourself?
Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…