Never Say "NO" if it's a Challenge and Creative, DO IT

 
Challenge, Creative, Creativity, Courage, Spontaneous, Blog, Life, Personal Development

 
Don’t be afraid to take an unfamiliar path. Sometimes they’re the ones that take you to the best places ~ Anonymous

Life is very challenging to say the least….But there are good challenges and not so good challenges. Today, we are going to talk about the good challenges and not being afraid to take them on.
 
Do you realize anything worth having is worth working for? I’m sure you’ve heard this saying many times. Despite your thoughts, it’s true to its every word.

When I decided to start blogging, so many thoughts ran through my mind. Will anyone want to hear what I have to say? Will I make an impact on someone’s life? Will I have enough topics to hold someone’s interest?
 
Can I really build an audience that care to hear what I have to say? What am I thinking about, I’ll never be able to pull this off. Could I truly build this blog and one day be featured in various magazines and newspapers? There were so many thoughts’ going through my mind it was unbelievable. Then there is the street committee, who does she think she is? You know some people are quick to past judgment.
 
It took me about a year before I decided to “DO IT.” I knew it would be a challenge learning all of the ends and outs of blogging. I still don’t know half of what I should know. It truly is a work in progress and it takes time. However, the moral of this post is I did it.
 
There’s so much to learn, especially if you are trying to build a professional blog. Things are always changing, so you have to stay current with trending topics and updates. Regardless of the challenges I face, it’s a good challenge. It’s a space that’s mine. A place I can share my thoughts and show my creative side. Another positive point is that as it turns out, it’s a place that people truly enjoy visiting. Whoot to woo…
 
I wanted to show a side of me, that people didn’t know. It’s not all about, having a pretty face. It’s more to me than that. What? Are you shocked that I said that? Well don’t be. You know I talk about self-confidence, so, as you can see I’m not lacking any…Lol! It’s all in good fun! You can’t always be so serious, life is  too short. Let your true light shine and have fun while doing so.

Is there something you want to do that’s positively crazy? Will someone benefit from your positive creative idea? Could it make a difference in someone’s life? If your answer is yes, yes, and yes, well, “DO IT!”

It may seem strange at first, but so what? Strange in some cases is good! You heard me “in some cases.”

To my family, I’m strange with some of the things I tend to do. Like the time I spontaneously decided to host an exchange student. I was reading the newspaper sitting at work and came across the ad about hosting an exchange student. I thought, wow, wouldn’t that be a cultural experience. The next thing you know, I had representatives at my home, discussing how the program works.

When I mentioned that I was thinking about hosting an exchange student to my family, they were like, WHAT, who does that? What black person does that? LOL… Have you lost your mind? My mom’s favorite comment is “you don’t know what to do.” My comment is “yes I do.” I love my mom dearly, but you can’t let other people’s opinion of the things you like to do or try, deter you from branching out and learning or experiencing new things.

It turned out to be a wonderful experience. There were some ups and downs because of the difference in cultures. One difference we experienced was when it was time to eat dinner. We all fixed our plates and went our separate ways. Whether we went to our rooms and ate in front of the television to watch our favorite programs or we ate a different times, this was something new for my exchange student.
 
In her culture she was use to sitting around the table at dinner time with her family discussing the day’s events. Once we talked about this and made some changes to make her feel comfortable, everything worked out. So, like I said there were some challenges in the beginning but I’m glad we had the opportunity to be open and honest about the situation and move forward. This experience opened my eyes and I don't regret that I decided to branch out and give someone from a different culture a change to experience my culture.
 
We still keep in touch via social media from time to time. And get this my family still talks about her. She was such an awesome exchange student. It could have turned out so bad, and she could have been a student from hell, but God blessed me with a wonderful young lady. God shined his light on me with the perfect young lady because I was willing to open up my home and give someone an opportunity of a lifetime. I can’t express enough that after we hashed out the kinks; everything came together and worked out perfectly. I was proud to call her my daughter for those 10 months I shared my home with her.
 
So, you see, while you may face challenges whether good or bad in things you want to do, there’s nothing wrong with that. It’s all about branching out and embracing the creative side that lives within you. It’s a part of life and it’s in YOU. Just make a decision to “DO IT!”

I’m on to my next crazy challenge; I’m now thinking about buying a bird…. My family thinks I’m crazy about that as well… Their response is "you don’t need a damn bird!" LOL… "Who wants to hear a damn bird chirp in the house?" Ha-Ha…Stay tuned…

Let’s Chat’s:

What is it that you want to do?

Is it a challenge, crazy and creative?

Will it impact someone’s life positively?

I say go for it and "DO IT!"

Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…

Be Encouraged,
Daria

Comments