How I Survive: Prayer. Faith. Believe.


Strength, Prayer, Faith, Believe, Hope, Inspiration, Encouragement, Motivation, Scripture

Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to RUN in the rain ~ Anonymous

For the past year and a half, my world has been shaken up quite a bit. Aside from my stalking ordeal that lasted for almost a decade, I’ve been hit with other life changing events.

It seems like the sky opened up and BAM, things starting happening all at once and honestly it hasn’t stopped yet. It has only calmed down. At one point, I started asking God, can I please get a breather in between? Truth be told, I still ask this question. Lord, can I just get a break?

Can you relate?

Every day we are fighting battles that no one knows about. No one has a clue of your storm. Every day, there’s someone out there, that didn’t survive their battle. Every day, there is someone out there struggling to understand why is this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this?

When I started going through my storms, this was my question:

Lord, WHY? Help me to understand, was my prayer.

I had never been hit with such a forceful blow. Yes, I had minor things I went through. But, never anything like this past year and a half.

In the beginning, I didn’t know which way to go. Nothing could have prepared me for what was happening. Yes, I prayed and turned to God, but to me that wasn’t enough. Things were not turning around, quick enough for me. I just couldn’t believe I was going through what I was going through.

In life I knew there would be many ups and downs we would encounter. In order to grow, we go through things. I get that. The purpose of our trials is to test our faith in God.

However, never in a millions years did I figure I would be tested in the manner I was being tested. NEVER…

I know you are probably wondering, what? What was her forceful blow? With time, I will share that information. I’m still processing it all myself. It truly is an eye opener that you or your family member is not exempt from life circumstances. Not that I thought I was but I never thought it would be what I experienced.

When I do share my story I want to be open and honest. So just be patient with me. Remember we all have a story that will help someone. This particular story hits home and is really personal so I want to be sure when I do open this book that I’m ready for the questions that may arise. Remember, my focus is to help others.

How I’m surviving is the moral of this post.

When you are going through your storms, either one or two things can or will happen. Either you will sink or sail. Meaning, you will let the devil have the victory or give God all the glory and give it to HIM.

After I got over my shock, well I’m still not completely over my shock but after I came to terms of what was happening, I HAD to give God all the glory and give it to HIM. I had to trust HIM to see me through. Rely on HIM for strength while I’m going through it. I no longer ask why me, I’ve come to terms with what is going on. I just ask HIM to give me strength to get through it. Can I get an AMEN?

I have survived by:
 
1.       Praying - At one point I couldn’t read the bible without crying, so I stopped. (Yes, I stopped) Prayer is an open line to God, so I just relied on talking to God directly, reading a scripture here and there throughout the day. When we are in the middle of a storm it’s easy to retreat in or to become discouraged. Now more than ever we need God. We need prayer.
                                                              
I used multiple avenues for prayer; I lit church candles and went to church on my lunch break. I wrote prayer request and put them in prayer jars at church. I prayed. I have rosary beads hanging from my rearview mirror. I would clinch them in my hands while I was driving asking God for strength. I eventually picked my Bible back up and I’m able to read it without crying uncontrollably.

2.       Faith – I never did lose my faith. It did waver a little under stress. I will always know that God can and will turn things around in His timing. What is faith? The substance of things hoped for. Faith has kept me today standing strong and confident that “This too shall pass and troubles don’t last always.” All my faith lies in God.

3.       Believe – I believe what the devil meant for evil, God will turn it around for good. Everything I’ve experienced and still experiencing is for a bigger purpose in my life. I believe that if I continue to give God all the glory, he will continue to see my through and calm my storm.

Going through storms strengthens us in our walk with God. Storms in life serve a bigger purpose more than we can ever know or understand. Lord knows “I wasn’t ready” (in my Kevin Hart’s voice). While I may not understand why this type of storm happened in my life, I am more at peace of where it is and has taken me. I am closer to God, my faith is stronger and I know that I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.

It hasn’t always been that way, it has truly been a journey BUT the best thing about this journey is that I’m still standing, to tell my story.

Let’s Chat:

How have you survived the storms in your life?

Have you ever become discouraged enough to turn away from God?

Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…

Be Encouraged,
Daria

Comments