Finding Clarity in Life When You Don’t Know What to Do

 
clarity, life, focus, personal development, emotions

It’s a lack of clarity that creates chaos and frustration. Those emotions are poison to any living goal. ~ Steve Maraboli
 
When things in life seem unclear, that’s a sign you need to sit still for direction. Daily life occurrences can knock you off track and have you turned around. There’s always something going on and something to do, so we lose focus of what’s important in the midst of things. When this happens it seems as if your world has fallen part.  While this may not always be the case, most time it is proven to be true.

According to Dictionary.Com, “clarity is clearness or lucidity as to perception or understanding; freedom from indistinctness or ambiguity.” When you look at the word clarity, you can’t help but think about being clear or having a clear understanding about a particular situation or something that is going on in your life.
When it’s time to make decisions clarity is needed. There are so many questions that should be asked: who, what, when or how. All of these are imperative to make a wise decision. It is not wise to make a decision based on your emotions. Making a decision when you are in your emotions will only set you back and cause you to make the wrong choice for your life.
I recently experienced a situation in my life that caused me to search for clarity. This particular situation opened my eyes to see things for what they truly were.  At first, I was not pleased about how things turned out but then I realized that what’s meant for me will be mine. God has the upper hand and I know what I wanted was not what God had intended for me. The best thing I can do is be still and know that God will be right on time for what he has for me. He may not come when we want him to BUT one thing for certain is he’s always on time. Patience is the key.
I only came to understand this through prayer and seeking clarity. I also had prayer partners and family in my ear that have my best interest at heart. Even though I knew all of what they were telling me, sometimes when you are in the midst of it all, you are shattered. So, a reminder is always good to hear.
Because of my emotions, I almost made a rash decision. I knew it wasn’t right, but because I was “in my feelings” like the younger generation say, I wasn’t looking at things clearly. When I refocused my attention to see the bigger picture, I realized that when God closes one door, he opens another one that is far better than what you could have ever wanted. REMINDER: NEVER MAKE A DECISION BASED ON YOUR EMOTIONS… 
If you find yourself confused about something that is going on in your life and you are not sure what to do, here are a few suggestions that help me gain clarity to be at peace.
1.       Be Still – Always be still and seek God. You can never go wrong taking this advice. Find a quiet space and meditate on his word. Talk to him like I’m talking to you now. God knows your heart and he only want what’s best for you.  Therefore, being open and honest about how you feel about something is the best route to take. He already knows what you are thinking anyway so why not put it all on the table.
2.       Find trustworthy people – Support from family and friends that have your best interest at heart is always a positive. Seek these people when you are not sure how to interpret a situation that has occurred. They should be able to help you look at things from a different perspective than how you may initially look at it.
3.       Take you a clarity day – This is a good way to connect with yourself. Try taking a day for yourself where you disconnect from everything that’s going on in your life, such as social media, text, email, etc. If you can’t take an entire day, try a couple of hours. Trying this will help you grow personally and clear out all of the mental clutter that has gathered in your mind.
Trying one of these methods is a sure way to help you with the distractions you encounter from day to day. Clearing your mind from time to time of the clutter you consume is important to help you stay on the right track. While it may be hard for some people to clear their minds to gain clarity, it is important to work on clearing out the noise and mental clutter you pick up from the demands of your life. Through better understanding of ourselves, our situations and the things we want, we gain more clarity and gain more self-confidence in making wise decisions.
Let’s Chat:                                                                                                                                                                          
What methods do you take to clear your mind from distractions?
Have you ever taken you a clarity day?
 
Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Don’t forget to enter your email over there on the right and subscribe by email!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…
Be Encouraged,
Daria
 

Comments