We Should All Be Happy for These 3 Reasons

 
Determination, Dream, Happiness, Happy, Life
 
Happiness is always a choice. You can’t wait for circumstances to get better. You have to create your own fortune. So look for ways to be happy every day. Joel Osteen

Being happy in life should be a top priority in our lives. Life is meant to be enjoyed and lived to the fullest. Learning to live your life regardless of the ups and downs you experience should be what your happiness is based on.

Sometimes we get caught up and base our happiness on things we have or if we are not experiencing any trials or tribulations. I had to learn that regardless of what I had or didn’t have or regardless of the trials I was experiencing I should always make it a point to be happy. It’s a known fact that we will always experience obstacles in life. Therefore, our happiness shouldn’t be determine on what is going on in our lives. How we handle these obstacles is what determines the outcome of the matter. If we choose to be happy amidst the storms in our lives we will have a better outcome.

Having the determination to not secure your happiness based on the things that you are experiencing in your life shows that you choose to be happy. Allowing other people to dictate your happiness shouldn’t be the case as well. Life has taught me that everyone will not celebrate who you are. At one time I had high expectations of others. It was a hard lesson to learn that everyone can’t or won’t celebrate good things that are happening in your life. Be it jealousy or whatever the case may be I had to learn not to let others action dictate my happiness. Happiness should be solely based on how you want or choose to live your life. Either you choose happiness or not. The choice is yours.

When I look back over my life, I can remember my happiness was based on not having any trials or tribulations. In one instance, all of that changed. It was like everything started happening at once. One minute everything was flowing and the next minute all hell had broken loose. Not knowing any better, I felt all of my happiness went out of the door. Reading various articles, praying, as well as trying to get a better understanding on life, has taught me that my happiness should not be based on my circumstances.

Choosing how I look at things in my life has been by far the best change I could have made. I’m not saying that I don’t become discouraged when circumstances arise. Just like you, I am human and from time to time things do dampen my spirits. What I am saying is that I don’t let it or others dictate my happiness anymore. Going forward in life I choose to be happy and you should too for these 3 reasons: 
    
1.       Life is short – Every day we are seeing people are either dying naturally, because of health reasons or being killed. We have to get to a place in life to enjoy every moment because tomorrow is not promised. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff or worry about what others think. Learn to be happy with what you have in life and stop letting what you don’t have dictate your happiness. Today, make the decision to be happy.

2.       You owe it to yourself – Your life is your life and you deserve to be happy! No one should control your happiness. Don’t give anyone power over your happiness. You are not a puppet, therefore no one should be able to pull your strings and determine when you should be happy or when you should not. NEVER, give anyone that much power over your life.

3.       One life to live – You only live one life, so you should be living it to the fullest at all times. Learning to be happy with the smallest or the simplest things is what I’m focused on today. When I focus on happiness I’m filled with gratitude of what I have versus what I don’t have. Learning to live my life as it is today was the best change I could have made. This allows me to live the one life I do have to the fullest. Just like I made the decision to live life to the fullest you have that power to do so too. Just do it!

In life we allow so many things to dictate our happiness. I don’t have this amount of money, I’m not in my career dream job, I’m not where I want to be in life, I don’t have this type of home or drive this type of car. This is familiar to me, because I was once there at one time or another. When I learned to not base my happiness on these things a load was lifted off of my shoulders. I’m not saying that I don’t want these things anymore, what I am saying is that I’m not waiting to be happy until these things materialize. My choice is to be happy regardless of my circumstances!

Hopefully, this post has sparked something inside of you to choose happiness in where you are today. Regardless of where you are or what circumstances you are experiencing choose to not base your happiness on uncontrollable things. Be blessed!

Let’s chat:

Are you basing your happiness on what you have or where you are in life?


What will you change in your life to make the decision to finally be happy?

Thanks for reading! Your feedback is always welcome. Just tweet at me, or email me. While you’re at it, be sure to subscribe to get my posts in your inbox – over there on the right. Until next time, Spread your wings and fly…

Be Encouraged,
Daria

Comments