I Thought About It, I Went For It, I'm Blonde

Stylist, Blonde, Hair, Color, Experiment, Life

Life is too short for boring hair! Anonymous

So, I finally did it! Yes Chile, I took the plunge and became a blonde! Not a full fledged blonde, but a blonde none the less. Give me some time I might become one though! It is all about timing. For a long time I have been saying that I wanted to see what the hype was all about it. I have never been one to shy away from experimenting and trying something new. It’s how I embrace life and it keeps me from being fearful in other things I want to try. We only live once, so I have taken on the mantra to live it as best as I can. Some might say “I’m going through a mid-life crisis” and you know what I might be, but for now I say what the HELL, I’m living and loving life through my eyes!

Whether that means switching up my look with a new cut or hair color, one just never knows what I’ll do next. That’s what I like about trying new things with my appearance. I never get bored. I like to keep people guessing! Not long ago I was slaying the curly pixie look with a Mohawk, it was flourishing, becoming full fledged into its shape and style and just like that I sat in my stylish chair and became a blonde. Was I shocked? Wow, yes I was! Did I almost regret it? Yes, I did! This was something totally new for me, but, once I slept on it and woke up with it, I became more comfortable with my new look.



Hair is hair and it does not define who you are. Well, let me put my disclaimer out there. It is my opinion, that hair is hair and it does not define who someone is. Everyone does not agree with this statement and of course it is their option to agree or disagree. Speaking for myself, I do not let my hair define who I am and what I do. That is how I am able to switch it up often because I do not worry about it affecting who I am internally or externally. I believe hair does accentuate me so I do like to keep it slayed, be it long or short.


 
After high school, I went short and rocked the Anita Baker haircut. It was rocking I must say. From there, I went to a bob and then an introverted bob, any hair style that was out, I’m pretty sure I rocked it. Eventually, I listened to the hype about long hair (men) and I let it grow back long. I was always known as Pocahontas because it was long, black and curly. I enjoyed my long hair while I had it. It was more convenient for that snatch up ponytail. Of course, that eventually grew old as well!



When I became confident in who I was as an adult, I was able to go back to that 18 year old mind frame and try new things with my hair again. Cutting it and coloring it. Be it short or long I have tried it. I’ve had brown and blonde highlights. I’ve rocked burgundy and reddish highlights. Sometimes, it was all three colors from previous coloring. I must say my stylist is always on point.

Having long hair was fine for me back then but as an adult and in my 40’s,  I believe short hair defines my age and gives me that chic, sassy and sexy appeal!  Yes, Hunty… it’s all about experimenting and seeing what looks good on you.

If you have been wanting to try and experiment with new looks I say get an honest opinion from your stylist. Your stylist is suppose too have a unique vision and give you their honest opinion on what will look good on you and what will not. Rather you listen or not is up to you. Remember, it is my opinion that hair is hair, and if you don’t like the outcome, you can always recolor it, cut it, let it grow out or slay you a weave or wig until it grows out. There are so many alternatives out there, you cannot go wrong.

At the end of the day, it’s all about what YOU feel comfortable slaying. Remember, it is the skin you are in and you must feel comfortable with you!


       
For now, I’m looking forward to seeing if the myth is true, DO BLONDES HAVE MORE FUN? I’ll keep you posted on a later post of my findings!

Blonde Hair Don’t Care!

Let’s Chat:

Have you been wanting to try something different with your hair?

If so, what’s stopping you?


Comments