National Martini Day: Family, Friends and Laughter

Drinks, Laughter, Laughs, Friends, Family, Eat, Lemon Drop Martini


I’d like to have a martini, Two at the very most. After three, I’m under the table. After four, I’m under the host.” ~ Dorothy Parker

I had a blast last Thursday, the 16th at Bar Louie’s for National Martini Day. I was too surprised when I opened my email and saw this Big Martini Glass staring directly in my face. I’m not sure if this is your first time reading my blog or if you are an existing reader but Lemon Drop Martini is my beverage of choice. So, you know I was very ecstatic to see this message.

I became a little curious and decided to look up National Martini Day to see where else this day was celebrated. Much too my surprise there was a day unofficially declared for this occasion all around the world. The actual day for National Martini Day is June 19th. I tried to find where it was originated from but was not successful. There were many websites that discussed National Martini Day but there was not anything set in stone nor based on facts.

Several websites did state “the beverage has grown to become one of the best-known mixed alcoholic drinks.” I can definitely attest to this statement. There are many flavors that have evolved over the years. I can remember an old co-worker of mine liking hers “on the rocks.” She use to say “I would like a Dirty Martini “shaken, not stirred.” Ewww no ma’am! I’m not a heavy drinker. I need flavors to offset the liquor. I know I’m really a wuss!

I really like the ambiance of it all. 

Relaxing. Family. Friends. Laughing. Entertainment. Enjoyment.

Drinks, Martini, National Martini Day, Laughter, Eat


When this e-mail came through, I immediately took a snapshot of it and posted it on my Facebook account. I know, I really must sound like an alcoholic, right? I can promise you I’m not. I actually “use to be” (lol) the designated driver among my friends growing up. Of course, we are all grown now BUT if I had too I could still take on this role.

My friends and family members can drink me under the table. I have learned I’m just a squirrel trying to catch a nut in their world. I know these days to stay on the porch while they jump off and fly. And, I’m perfectly fine with that.

When I first arrived at Bar Louie’s the crowd was slow. But, as the night grew on the crowd began to slowly come in. It was clear to see that everyone was in agreement with this unofficial holiday. People were there with friends, family and/or co-workers. I’m a people’s person, so I enjoyed seeing the smiles and laughter. These days there have been so much chaos in the world that I thought we as people had forgotten how to go out and enjoy ourselves.

We already experience stress in our day-to-day lives, so to be able to go out every once in a while and experience clean fun is what I consider a blessing. We have to always be conscious that tomorrow is not promise. So, why put off till tomorrow what you can do today. And that was to enjoy National Martini Day!

Like I said, it was all about having some laughs, food and cocktails. Nothing more or nothing less.

Eat. Drink. Be Happy

In the midst of having a conversation at my table I did not realize that Bar Louie’s was not only celebrating June 16th as National Martini Day but the entire month of June was being celebrated.

Nah, how did I miss that e-mail?

Well, I went back to my e-mail to see what I had missed out on. (Don’t Judge Me) I found that so far this month Bar Louie’s has dedicated signature martini drinks on different days. I don’t dip and dap with too many flavors so I was not as heartbroken as I thought I would have been. (lol

With that being said, I truly enjoyed as always spending time with family and friends. It’s not the quantity of people that matters but the quality of time spent. We all get bogged down with life, so to take some time out to relate, relax, and release, felt good. 

Let’s Chat:

What did you do to celebrate National Martini Day?

Did you make one in the comfort of your home? Or, go out to a restaurant and enjoy the ambiance of it all?


Comments