Thankful Thursday

Thanks, Thankful, Thankfulness Thursday, Grateful, Gratitude


There is always, always, always something to be thankful for… ~ Anonymous


Remembering To Be Thankful In Life...


In the midst of going through life’s ups and downs we sometimes forget to be thankful for the things that are right in front of us.

We are so bogged down and focused on all that is wrong that we forget all that we have been and are blessed with.

Thankful Thursday amidst all other days can serve as a reminder to be thankful for all things regardless of what challenges we are faced with at the moment.  One thing, we can always count on is that trouble doesn’t last always.

A great way to remember to be thankful amidst our trials and tribulations is to remember the countless times God has brought you through previous challenges. This will always serve as a reminder to be thankful that you are still standing from previous challenges, therefore, you will still be standing in the mist of present challenges and thereafter.

When I begin to think of complaining about the challenges that I am faced with, I tend to give myself a reality check. I think back on all of the times I made it through. I didn’t get through it by myself. That is when I begin to give thanks profusely.

Giving myself a reality check not only helps me to remember to be thankful for the past, present and the future, it also helps me to remember that while I think my storm is big, there is always someone’s storm that is much bigger. I’ve seen it all too often. And, this is what brings me back to be thankful that through it all I am still standing.

If you find yourself complaining and not giving thanks, do a reality check on yourself. Sometimes that’s all we need to show us that we need to be appreciative and thankful because after all, things could be so much worse then what it truly is!

Let’s Chat:

What serves as a reminder for you to be thankful during your challenges in life? 


Comments