4 "Selfies" To Loving YOU

 

When I look at some of today’s young adults I see a lot of self-hatred.  To be honest, I will just put it out there; I will say there are mature adults as well that have these feelings. When I speak of self-hatred I’m speaking of low self-esteem, no ambition, no self- love, and not feeling worthy of having someone to love you.

All of these traits open the door to negativity towards an individual. It allows a person to take advantage of you, talk to you any kind of way, as well as talk about you right in your face with no regard for how you feel.
 
When I think about the “Art of Self” I look at the uniqueness of loving thy self. I see all of what life has to offer in loving yourself. Now don’t get me wrong. It has not always been this way.  There was a point in time in my life that I exhibited some of these same feelings. 


If we want to be honest with ourselves, I believe it is safe to say that at one point in our lives we all didn’t know the art of loving ourselves.  There are some that still don’t know how to love themselves.

Today, I want to discuss several “Selfies” that deal with the “Art of Self” and being so in love with yourselves that it makes people gravitate towards you because you know who you are and who God created you to be. You should own all of your “Selfies.”

1.       Self-Awareness – The Art of Self-Love knows you love yourself unconditionally. You’ve learn not to take anything from anyone unless it’s constructive. If it’s to benefit you in bettering yourself, then you feel comfortable in hearing what someone has to say. If it doesn’t benefit you then you feel comfortable in letting that person know that you love yourself enough today and you will not allow them to speak to you in a manner that is not respectful. Anything else is not up for discussion. You own your self-love.

2.       Self-Confidence - The Art of Self-Confidence is when you can walk with your head held high knowing who you are.  You are God’s child and you are not afraid to display your confidence. As long as you don’t get a crook you should be fine. If you do, bring it down a notch, lol. We are not trying to cause any neck troubles being self-confident but you do want to let the world know you are confident in the skin you are in.

3.       Self- Esteem – The Art of having High Self-Esteem proves that you know you deserve to be treated well. You are just as important as the next person and you are not afraid to put someone in their place if there’s a need to. You can look in the mirror and tell yourself I love everything about you and feel comfortable in doing so.

4.       Self-Worth – The Art of Knowing Your Worth shows that you know you are worthy to be loved. The thought of someone not respecting who you are as an individual sends sparks shooting in the air. You are not willing to forsake your worthiness so someone else can feel superior. You have learned that you are worthy and no one can ever make you feel unworthy again in life.

Now let’s take a look again at these “Selfies.” You may be thinking is it possible that I can achieve the “Art of Loving Myself?”  My answer to you is, of course you can. It’s all about taking a leap of faith. It’s about stepping out of your comfort zone to start loving yourself.

Here are some of my suggestions for you to try in learning to love yourself: 

1.       Begin my waking up every morning and saying I am God’s child and I am worthy to be loved. Today, I will love myself unconditionally regardless of how I feel. Today, I am confident in the skin I am in. Today, I make this declaration to love the good and bad about myself.

2.       Next, when you are in the bathroom grooming for the day’s activities, look in the mirror and repeat everything you said when you first opened your eyes. While looking in the mirror, smile. Own everything about yourself. Whether you have pimples, scars, skin discoloration, moles, it doesn’t matter get comfortable in the skin you are in. God created your uniqueness so own it.

3.       All throughout the day, repeat number one. It’s all about repetitiveness. When you say it enough you will start believing in yourself and realize “you are worthy,” “you are confident,” “you are loved,” and “you are one of God’s unique creation.” If you have a mirror by your desk, take it out and look at yourself and be repetitive in your declaration of loving yourself.

Remember, you have to plant the seed and water it so that it can grow. Make sure you water it daily better yet water it several times a day so that you can blossom into the person you were created to be. It will take time but remember you are worthy and you deserve to finally learn how to love yourself and be comfortable in the skin you are in.

Can you offer any other suggestions for someone learning how to love themselves? If so, share in the comment suggestion. 


Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…

Be Encouraged,



Daria

Comments