Tested and Tried in My Faith

Faith, Strength, Family, Tested, God, Life

Faith That Is Not Tried is Really Not Faith at All ~ Anonymous


Have you ever had the feeling you are being tested and tried in your faith?

The feeling of, “if there is not one thing it is another?”

Well, I have and it seems the occurrences are happening back to back. You know the saying, “God gives battles to the strongest soldiers?” I presume this to be true, BUT, I just wish he would not trust me as much, and so frequently. And, that’s just real talk!

Lately, the devil has been attacking my family from every angle. It seems as if he’s coming from right to left and front to back. Everywhere I have turned lately, he’s been rearing his ugly ass in my life and that of my family. (Pardon my French, but that’s how I am seeing him. God is not through with me, yet.)  He’s trying to destroy all that is within us. He attacked just this past weekend, BUT, the blessing of it all is I did not give him the victory. I almost fell victim to his tactics, with all the life being sucked out of me, but then I called on God to strengthen me. In doing so, my mind was strengthened and I was able to conquer the situation with a clear mind.

When we are hit with traumatic situations in life, it is easy to give up. The hardest thing to do is to persevere through.  When we put on the armor of God, there is no question we will get through whatever we are faced with in my life. There have been many times in life I have questioned God, why? What have I done so bad that I deserve to go through this?

I had to learn through prayer and studying the word of God, that it will never be easy. He only promised us that it would be worth it. In understanding this I learned that when we lean on him in times of trouble and he will see us through in his timing. In all honesty, I don’t like that last part, “In His Timing.” But, what do I do? Nothing. But, trust God in the midst of my struggles.

It is very easy to forget this when we are hit with trials. However, when we step back from it and regain our composure we should be reminded, that trouble doesn’t last always. And, that God is there, believe it or not.

For some, it is easy to say that they can’t endure anything else much longer. It is then we really need to lean on GOD to see us through. I’m so happy that, I am in the place of belief and know that God is a God of deliverance. I will be transparent and say, that what I struggle with is the fact of WHEN will he deliver me? Although, I know it will not happen in my timing, BUT according to timing and will, there is still that question in the back of my mind. I am human. And, when those times happen, I know I need to lean and call on him more than ever and ask him while I wait to strengthen me, give me patience and peace.

With that said, I want to encourage you that whatever you might be faced with, know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I know at times for me, it is hard for me to believe that. But, when I lean on God, I know it to be true. That is just the devil trying one of his ugly tactics to keep you down and depressed.

Today, I want you to remember these 4 things:

·        The Lord said, He will go before you and will be with you, he will never leave you nor forsake you.
·        Faith is like a muscle and needs to be exercised. Like all exercise, if we don’t develop a routine we weaken in that area. Well that is how faith is when we don’t study the word of God our faith weakens. 
·        Troubles don’t last always, know that regardless of how it looks, there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
·        When we surrender our troubles, as hard as it may be we are met with a peace of mind that only God can give us.

You may be saying it is harder than it sounds. But, in all actuality, it is not. I decided a long time ago, that I will not allow the devil to have victory over my life. Do I become discouraged when trouble hit? Yes, but only for a short period of time. The thing that works for me is processing it all. It is then, where I choose to look at the good versus the bad, what COULD have been versus what actually has occurred. It is then I am able to count my blessings and say OK, God, what is your message, what is your will for me in this?

In my life, I cannot afford to give up or give in, there is too many people counting on me! I was put on this earth to make a difference. I will not allow the devil to take that away from me.

Today, if you have things in your life that you are faced with, I want you to reevaluate and process it all. Ask yourself, some questions? Is it really as bad as it seems? Could it have been worse? I know when trouble hit’s, it feels like all hell has broken loose. But, when we sit back and answer these questions and truly look at the entire scenario we may realize that it is not and people are faced with way more. That always puts it into perspective for me.

Let’s Chat?

If you are facing any problems in your life, has this article helped you in anyway? 




Comments