Reasons To Be Extra Thankful This Thanksgiving: My Testimony


Tuesday's Talk With D 


 

I give thanks to my Creator for this wonderful life where each of us has the opportunity to learn lessons we could not fully comprehend by any other means.
                                                                                                                 Joseph Wirthlin

As Thanksgiving approaches, I think about all there is to be thankful for. When I reflect on life itself this Thanksgiving, there’s a big kool-aid smile that spreads across my face. This year has been one of the most difficult years in my life and the smile I display is one of gratefulness, because I’m still standing. I’m still standing because of GOD. I’ve always known and had a relationship with GOD, but this year’s bond is unique and one of pure gratitude. When I thought I was at my lowest point, it truly was my highest because my bond became stronger with GOD. He’s been my rock during my storm. I will share a very intimate detail with you, I’ve always had my faith but there were times I was so discouraged I didn’t have the strength or the desire to read the bible. There’s no doubt that I’ve grown closer to GOD through my trials and tribulations especially this year and that’s definitely a reason to be thankful.

I’m thankful for the wonderful support system from family and friends, during my most difficult times. With their encouraging words and support, the process made it easier to get through. I’m thankful for waking up every morning in my right mind, even though sometimes I wonder if I am or not. (Ha-Ha). I’m thankful that I still have my sense of humor through it all because I could have lost all of that a long time ago.

I’m thankful for my health, my job, my home, my life, to sum it up, I’m thankful for all life has to offer the good and the bad. I could not have appreciated the good if I had not experienced the bad. I know there will be more happy times, good times, trying times, and bad times I will experience BUT I welcome every last one of them. I say that because as I continue to grow I know all of those times are a part of my life’s journey. So, as each one comes, I thankful for the experience it leaves.

I pray you take some time and reflect back on your life and look at your many blessings and Thank GOD!      

So with all of that being said, I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving!  Enjoy this time spent with family and friends this holiday season and be thankful. Eat as much as you can and have some drinks, but don’t overdo it!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!

Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…


Be Encouraged,
Daria

Comments