Give Your Life Direction; Set Your Dreams and Goals; Make Them Your Reality

Tuesday's Talk With D



“A dream becomes a goal when action is taken toward its achievement.”
                                                                                                                     Bo Bennett

As we enter into our 3rd week, our focus this week centers on your dreams and goals.

Before we get started let’s reflect on last week’s post. As I stated, having a clear picture (vision) of who you want to be in the future, set’s the path for you to reach your goals. It’s a road-map to guide you through the hills and valleys. When times get rough as life sometimes does, the vision you have for your life will appear in your mind and set you back on your path to greatness. Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

Wow, how time flies, we are already in our 3rd week of questions. I hope you’ve taken the time to reflect on these questions the last couple of weeks. My goal is to prepare you for 2015. By asking these questions I hope you think about your future and what you have to offer the world. You were meant for greatness. It’s time you recognize this and take the next step towards your dreams and goals. You have gifts and talents that are meant to be shared with the world.

As we bring our focus back to this week’s questions, I want you to take some time and think about your answers. Because we are winding down to almost two weeks left in the year, I have more in depth questions for you this week. These questions can spark something inside of you that make you say, YES, I’m moving towards my dreams and goals in 2015 and making them a reality!

What are your goals for 2015?

Have you written your goals down?

Are your goals precise and clear?

Are your goals realistic for you to achieve?

The highest achievers in life are the ones that set goals. When we set goals we are saying that we want to succeed in life. We are making it a point to make our dreams and goals happen to fulfill our destiny. Even though things do not always work out as we plan, at least we have taken a step towards setting goals for our lives. Whether our goals are big or small, the point is to set goals and do our best to accomplish them. There will be times that we have to expand the time frame on our goals. There is nothing wrong with that, so if that occurs don’t look at it as a setback. If anything you might have to go back and figure out if this goal is realistic for you to achieve at this moment. Life presents many challenges, so at any given time, there can be a setback. If that is the case, just take a step back and figure out a plan. Maybe look at a short-term goal that will be easier for you to achieve in a shorter time frame. When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don’t adjust the goals, adjust the action steps-Confucius    

There are short-term goals and long-term goals. The point is to figure out your goals whether short-term or long-term that you want to achieve in 2015. Some goals will be easier to accomplish than other goals. The easiest part is to sit down and figure out what you want to accomplish. The hardest part is finding the time to actually work on your goals and see them into fruition. Accomplishing a goal is so rewarding and leaves you feeling like you are sitting on top of the world.

Whether small or large goals, short or long-term, I want your focus to be on setting your goals for the upcoming year. Setting goals and taking action toward our goals raises our self-confidence. I started my blog in 2013 because I wanted to post content that inspired people and touch on various parts of who I am and what I am learning about myself as I become older and wiser. We all have a story that can inspire others, well, let’s just say, I posted five times that year and I was not pleased with myself. However, this year after attending the Blog Elevated Conference I set a goal to dedicate more time to blogging.

Since attending the blogging conference, I’ve been more dedicated to posting regularly. I will share this, it is a challenge finding time to sit down and write a post but it is also rewarding in the end. Each time I write and publish a post on my blog my self confidence is raised and I’m like, yes, this week’s goal is accomplished. It’s an awesome feeling knowing that I made and fulfilled another commitment of publishing a post. 

Whether I post weekly or twice a month, my goal is to post on a regular basis and quality content that engages my audience. Three goals that I have set for 2015 are to take my blogging to a higher level by partnering with other bloggers and being a guest blogger on their blog. The second goal I have is to build a larger reading audience. The third goal I have set is to grow my follower list for my blog. I know this will be a challenge for me because I still have other responsibilities in my life, but with dedication, determination, and the passion that I have to inspire others it will be all worth it in the end.


So again, I ask you, what are your dreams and goals for 2015?

Thanks for reading…

Leave a comment and share your thoughts!

Until next time,

Spread your wings and fly…


Be Encouraged,

Daria
 

Comments