When Settling Is Not An Option Anymore

 
Have you ever waken up and had a new perspective on life?

It’s like an A-ha Moment that occurs, giving you new insight to your life.
I’m sure there’s someone out there that can relate to what I’m talking about. It’s like a light bulb that goes off in your mind and depending on what’s going on  in your life, that light bulb radar is telling you that settling in a relationship is not an option anymore or it’s time I take this leap of faith and go for it.

Not too long ago, a friend and I were having lunch and she mentioned she had an epiphany. I’m sure she’s going to talk about me when she reads this, but as she was talking I zoned in because it sounded like it was about to get real interesting.


I listened how my friend stated that she felt refreshed, renewed and reenergized. She looked at life in a whole new light. She had been sick forcing her to stay in. During that time she had a lot of time to reflect and apparently her reflection shedded some light on her life.

Her epiphany was about being in pointless relationships. She was sick and tired of being sick and tired. She stated that she finally knew she deserved more and now it was time for her to stand firm on her word.
When I was listening to her, she had me all revved up and excited. I knew she was on to something and she wasn’t going to let anything stand in her way. 

She was bopping around saying she felt like a burden had been lifted. One she apparently didn’t realize was there. She was playing her gospel music when I entered the car. She was snapping her fingers. She told me it was a feeling she couldn’t explain but it was there and no one was going to take it from her.

We were trying to make up our minds where we were going for lunch. So I name a couple of places and at the time she was on this particular diet, so her choices of food were limited.  She was like whatever it doesn’t matter where we eat I can find vegetables or something. I’m telling you I’m so at peace, it doesn’t matter where we go.

I was saying to myself, look you are taking this a bit too far. So what does peace have to do with lunch that you don’t care what you eat? Lol. My thoughts were, get out of your peaceful state and make a decision then go back into your peaceful state of being. I just looked at her like she was crazy and made a selection. I didn’t steal her joy. I was definitely excited for her.
 
Here’s what I took away from her new found light:
1.      She was tired of subjecting herself to pointless relationships. Her exact words were “it makes no sense to fill a need based on instant gratification for a short-term satisfaction. In other words there will be no more casual sex!
2.      She made the statement that her mom said “you mean you are going to neglect yourself of gratification” and she said, yes.
3.       She wanted a fulfilled relationship, one where she could truly be herself. One that she could totally be free in and out of the bedroom without a care in the world because they were building a foundation. Someone to build with not just chill with.

4.      She would stick with getting herself together and would not be deterred by un-meaningful relationships.
5.      She would not interfere with what God opened her eyes to because it was Him that made her realize that she deserved more.

If you are looking for that a-ha moment, one that truly opens your eyes and make you realize that you should no longer settle for anything less than what you are willing to give, then maybe you should take a couple of days off, be still and honed in on your spirituality. Based on my friend’s reflection period, it certainly cleared her from a lot of baggage that was apparently bottled up in her mind. 
Her reflection allowed her to release all of the toxic feelings that she had stored up from years of not realizing her worth. We can all take away something from this and learn how by being still we too can have an epiphany that will change our perspective and how we see ourselves.

News Alert: She called later that day and said she was headed to the track, she really felt refreshed, renewed, and reenergized. I just laughed and continued to type as she was talking. I was still taking mental notes.

P.S. Anyone that knows me, know I can’t remember a thing. So for me to be able to write this story and remember practically everything she said, had to be a message from God. This story needed to be shared. It was truly an inspiration. She doesn’t realize the impact it can have on other people lives. Thanks, Chica.  

Are you willing to sit still and reflect on your life to see if there is anything toxic that you are holding on to? 
Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…

Be Encouraged,



Daria

Comments