Let Your Body Do That Yoga~Flex

Yoga, Exercixe, Walking, Fitness, Gym, Energy, Health
 
Fitness is not about being better than someone else…it’s about being better than you use to be. ~ Anonymous 
 
Health and fitness plays a big part in leading a healthy life. Stretching in the mornings is an excellent way to get your blood flowing to get you up and out of the bed.
 
I have a love and hate relationship with exercising. I recently started my exercise routine again! Some days are better than others. There are days when I’m so eager to get to the gym after work and then they’re days I want to go straight home and relax. Then there are some days where I feel like I could just leave work and go get a quick workout and return to work. It’s truly a mind thing.
 
On those days I’m less eager to hit the gym, I force myself to do so and you know what I’m glad I did because afterwards I feel great. Once I’m done and return home I have so much energy and have a chance to do chores than if I were to go straight home and relax.
 
I can remember at one time in my life I wouldn’t have agreed with that. In my younger years I use to hear people say exercising gives you all the energy in the world. My response was “I beg to differ!”
 
I’ve been exercising on and off for over 20 years. I can remember in my earlier years of exercising when I was done I could barely make it to the couch to take a nap. I was just that exhausted. So when I would hear people say exercising gives you energy I couldn’t see how.
 
I’ve tried various exercises such as yoga and zumba as well as different places to exercise. I get bored easily so just going to the gym was not keeping me interested all the time. I love being outside, so I would switch up my exercise regimen to keep me interested and motivated.
 
Does this sound like you?
 
Do you get bored with your daily exercise regimen?
 
Does it cause you to lose interest and quit?  
 
Well I can tell you I’ve been there and done that. As I’ve stated, I’ve tried various exercises and various locations to keep me motivated and interested in maintaining my health.
 
Maintaining your health should be important. So, I wanted to share with you some of the various methods I’ve used to help me get my blood flowing and to get back my sexy and maintain it!
 
Are you maintaining your sexy or trying to get it back?
 
Whichever category you fall in, here are some sure ways to help you maintain your health for a longer life span and the most important of it all, getting and maintaining your sexy.
 
1.       Try Yoga or Pilates – I love yoga! Yoga is an excellent way to maintain flexibility. Yoga is a good way to relax your mind. When you are in touch with yourself and concentrate, yoga can take you to a totally different place mentally. Focus is the key. I did yoga for about 10 months straight and thoroughly enjoyed it. I even wanted to become a yoga teacher. It may be still in the works. I had to stop for a while because I pulled a muscle in my neck at the gym and had to do therapy. I miss the relaxation yoga allowed me to have, so I will be returning to it.  As Janelle Monae says, “Let your booty do that yoga!”
 
2.       Hit the gym – I love the various gym machines because I can focus on various parts of my body that I want to work on. There’s the lifting of various parts that will help us maintain and keep our sexy for a little while longer. (lol, ladies if you know what I mean.) Men, ya’ll sag too, so don’t get it twisted. We can all benefit from those lifting machines to keep everything in tip top shape. However, depending on the season of the year, I get bored because I love to be outside and that’s why my last suggestion is so important.
 
3.       Hit the pavement – I love nature! The serene feeling it gives is truly divine. If none of the above suggestions doesn’t work for you there’s nothing like the outside. So, there are no more excuses that should be given. Hit the pavement running or walking with a hurried pace. Walking is an excellent way to get the blood pumping and burn calories. Take it slow and work your way to a pace that is comfortable for you. Find a location that has beautiful scenery, so that you will have something relaxing to look at while you take your walk. I love the LSU Lakes, so now that the weather is a little cooler, I will reincorporate walking and running at the lakes. There’s nothing like seeing other people laughing, talking and enjoying themselves while exercising.
 
The point of it all, is to find an exercise regimen and location that you are comfortable with and that works for you. We all want to live a longer and healthier life. The best way we can do that is to incorporate exercise into our lives. I will never tell you it’s easy but I can tell you that it is definitely worth it.
 
Today, make your mind up to get off your butt and exercise! Whether you decide to try yoga or pilates, hit the gym, or hit the pavement, make the decision to do something. The choice is yours BUT make the choice to do something that will cause you to lead a healthier life for you and your family…
 
Let Your Body Do That Yoga …
 
Let’s Chat:
 
What is it that you love about exercising?
 
Do you find that exercising gives you energy?
 
What exercise regimens do you do or are likely to try?
 
Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Don’t forget to enter your email over there on the right and subscribe by email!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…

Be Encouraged,
Daria

Comments