3 Reasons to be Grateful despite COVID-19




Covid19, Pandemic, Quarantine, 2020, Caronavirus, Inspiration, Grateful, Family, Friends, Global, Statewide, Memories


We can choose to be grateful no matter what. ~ Dieter F. Ughtdorf

With so much going on these days concerning Covid-19, I wanted to briefly point out some reasons you should be grateful. It is times like this one can find themselves complaining thus forgetting how blessed they are.

These three reasons are a friendly reminder of how grateful you should be despite what we are going through in such an unbelievable time.

1.      You Are Alive – You have to admit, if you are reading this post you are blessed. Being alive is a reason within itself you should be showing signs of gratefulness. This worldwide pandemic has shown us no one is exempt from being exposed and as harsh of a reality it is anyone good die from this deadly virus. Again, if you are reading this post, you are blessed to be among the living. #YouAreBlessed

2.      Family – There is nothing like family. The hashtag #FamilyOverEverything is true. When you start to having thoughts of uncertainty during our countries lockdown, look back on your memories of family gatherings. The games, laughter, silliness, and good food will be those memories that will get you through these days of being quarantined. Again, there is nothing like family and family gatherings.

3.      Friend – Friends are the hearts that keep on ticking. Friends are what get us through those times in our lives when we feel we cannot make it anymore. The encouraging words, gentle hugs, laughter, and times friends have served as a listening ear without judgment, these are the things you should think of during your isolation. Think about those times your friends had your back and were ready to kick some ass when someone did you wrong. It will be those laughing moments and memories that will make light of what is going on during this difficult time. I know I have some great memories of some kiss ass moments with my girls. #Grateful

It is so easy to complain and be ungrateful. I mean think about it. What the hell is truly going on around the world? Seriously, one minute you are living a life of normalcy for the most part and the next thing you know, there is a deadly virus that is taking people's lives. In addition to this horror, no definite cure has been found to help people that have contracted this deadly virus. And, the icing on the cake, a statewide stay-at-home order was issued. Really?

So, believe me, I totally get it! This is a lot to process, however, despite all of this we still have to find a calm in the midst of the storm in order to not run ourselves crazy. I pray these reasons mentioned will give you a sense of calmness and help ease your mind the rest of this duration.

Lastly, I hope you agree it is better to think about all of the things you should be grateful for versus being ungrateful for at this time. 

Let’s Chat!

What are some other things you are grateful for?

Don’t forget to click the link above and subscribe!

 
Let’s fly together!


Daria

Comments

  1. Great Reminders! Personally I think there are far more than 3 reasons to be grateful despite Covid-19, but you definitely hit 3 important ones! For me, it is such a great way to slow down and learn about yourself and what really matters in life. Plus it is a great way to learn new skills or really dive into a talent that you always wanted to cultivate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eric you are certainly right concerning more reasons to be grateful. We are blessed beyond what we deserve to be and that in itself is gratitude. I also agree, about learning new skills at this time or even restudying old ones that could now be beneficial. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. Great reminder! There’s so much that we should still be grateful for in-spite of the current pandemic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right, Tammy. Thanks for reading and commenting.

      Delete
  3. Great Reminder! I have been trying to see the brighter side of things daily no matter what the circumstances are

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your positive perspective. It's important to focus on what we do have during this crisis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristine Nicole AlessandraMarch 29, 2020 at 12:09 AM

    Every morning when I wake up, I say a prayer of thanks to God for keeping me and my entire family safe. I pray for protection from the virus and for provision and sustenance. It feels nice to have this extra time with my children. At least now, we can really talk! They no longer need to be rushing out the door to go to work in the morning. Breakfasts are now more relaxed and filled with lively conversations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristine, it's unfortunate this had to occur for all of us to realize the importance of appreciating life and what is important. On the bright side of things, it has given families more time together to build greater bonds.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing this and for reminding us to be grateful despite the crisis. I agree that the mere fact that we are still reading this means that we are well and that is one good reason why we can still be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clarice, at times like this it's so easy to focus on the negative, raise your anxiety and focus on things of the world. I've dealt with anxiety and deal with anxiety from time to time so I've learned to retrain my thoughts and focus on positive occurrences when things happen that is out of my control.

      Delete
  7. You are absolutely right, the good that I have in my life is not lost on me. I don't allow myself to wallow in the negativity. I am thankful to work from home and still get a full paycheck. I'm thankful to have a beautiful home to quarantine in. To have the luxuries of cable, heat, water, and all of the comforts we not only need but also want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MiMi, I love your outlook on life. Your perspective of how you look at things are the exact same as mind. Years ago, I decided to work on myself and thoughts and I am blessed to say the change of perspective has opened many doors for me and lessened my anxiety in life.

      Delete
  8. Friendship is the most important thing. I think we can get so easily distracted by that fact

    ReplyDelete
  9. So true. Grateful I have a job I can do from home and still get paid, unlike millions of others. Grateful for health but a reminder not to take things for granted anymore. Tomorrow is never guaranteed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am grateful for being able to be home with my family including my newborn and not having to venture out into the Covid world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this! Gratitude is super important and can be one of the first things we put aside when under stress. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for your positivity. I need all that I can get during this most depressing time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yup. These are reasons enough. They'll always be problems but gratitude keeps one going.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment