Meet Our New Addition ~ Grace Ann

New Born, Baby,Grace, Girl, Grand-daughter

Ten little fingers, ten little toes, two beautiful eyes, and one button nose! Join us in celebrating the arrival of Baby Grace!

There’s so much I can say, I don’t know where to begin! I will keep everything short and sweet so that I can get back to being a Ya-Ya! That’s Greek for grandmother. I figured since I’m a new age grandmother, I had to find a name that was suitable for me. Ya-Ya seemed to fit my jazzy personality! What you didn’t know? There’s nothing wrong with my confidence level!

On Thursday, September 17, 2015, I was blessed with a healthy and beautiful grand-daughter, her name is Grace Ann. My great aunt was named Grace and my mother’s middle name is Ann. When I was given permission to name her Grace, I thought about it’s all because of God’s grace and mercy! That’s how I came up with Grace. It was just a plus that my great-aunt was named that as well. Grace weighed 5lbs and 12ozs. She’s so adorable, just look at her.

 
The feeling I felt watching my daughter give birth is indescribable. To be honest, I’m still trying to process it all. It’s between amazement and disbelief. Here, I am watching my daughter give birth to her daughter. I can imagine this is how my mother felt when I was giving birth to her grand-daughter. So, you can imagine, how she felt when she witness her grand-daughter giving birth to her great-grand-daughter. Yes, four generations! I only wish, my grand-mother could have witnessed this special occasion. That would have been five generations. Wow, I’m just speechless!
I had never witnessed anyone giving birth other than watching it on television, so you guessed it right, I was totally amazed with the process. There was so much preparation that had to be done before this little miracle of ours could enter the world. All of the work that was being done before birth was required for a successful delivery. I learned the nurses do all of the work and the doctors come in at the last minute to actually deliver the baby. Amazing!
Looking at all of the nurses and the birthing team scurrying around to prepare before delivery once my daughter had dilated to ten got me excited. I realized this was it! There’s no turning back, either I was going to stay in there or leave out. I had people texting and calling me, “now don’t faint.” (lol)
I could never be in the nursing field, it’s not good for my stomach. Everyone knows what works for them and what doesn’t. I know nursing is not my thing. I must say though, watching my daughter give birth and holding her legs while other family members supported her pushing, was a real-time moment.
Seeing my grand-daughter being delivered directly from my daughters womb really touched my heart. Nothing else seemed to matter at that moment. Having an upset stomach or feeling squeamish never entered my mine. Then, it was time to cut the umbilical cord. Wait, um, what? Let me think? And, then with two snips, it was done, I had cut the cord. I know it’s true when they say, you suck things up when you have too. And, I definitely had to put on my momo panties and sucked it up!
Ok, I’m done. I could go on and on. We really had some funny moments in there. A true blessing indeed. I did say I would keep this short and sweet! Again, I will say, it’s all because of God’s Grace and mercy.
Check out some of my candid moments so far: I’m just a proud Ya-Ya! Forgive me…
 
 
 
 
Such personality already!

Thanks for taking time out to read about our new bundle of joy!
 
Let’s Chat?
 
Have you ever witness someone giving birth?
 
How did it make you feel?
 
 
 
Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Don’t forget to enter your email over there on the right and subscribe by email!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…
Be Encouraged,

Daria
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

Comments