It's A Lot to Be Said about Our Youth Today

Children, Youth, Young Adult, Life, Consequences, Respect, Parents,Generation


“Some people accuse the new generation of being ignorant, maybe ignorant for the old generation, but it’s a new language.” 
Domenico Dolce

I feel like venting, so here I go:

It’s a lot to be said about our younger generation. In all honesty I have never seen anything like them before in my life (As if they were aliens from a different planet). Yes I know, we were once their age BUT, the difference is we had more respect and feared our parents a lot more than the children have today. These children have no fear. They believe they are invincible to any type of consequences in life.

Can you relate to what I am talking about?

Several of my friends and I have children around the same age. The ages may vary by three or four years. It is amazing when we get together and our conversations at times go hand and hand. We all know we raised respectful children but their actions since they have become older makes it seems as if they were raised by a pack of wolves. No, seriously!

I was having a conversation with this older lady not too long ago and she was talking about her young adult grandson. She said “I swear I don’t understand this generation.” I said “ma’am I don’t either.” She said “I ain’t never seen nothing like them.” I made the statement “ma’am I think it was the Similac milk we were feeding them because they are all crazy.” She said “well I have said that all along it had to be something in that milk. I fell out laughing, because I truly believe something was in the milk." There is no way possible that all of our children around the same age have seemly lost their minds at times. There is no way you are going to make me believe that is was not the milk!

What are your thoughts on this?

Do you see this generation being totally different from when we grew up?

The saving grace for my friends and I is that we are able to get together and lift one another up during these hectic times in our lives. We do not have to feel that we are alone or that it is only our child that behaves this way. We all sit and laugh and have concluded that we have all done things, some worse than others, BUT compared to this younger generation there is no comparison. There is no way we would have ever tried or done the things some of our youth are doing in today’s time. NEVER!

And, let’s not think of some of the things that will come out of their mouths, and they call it “Freedom of Speech!” Really??? We had no freedom of speech, oh wait, yes we did, it was followed by “what did you just say?” And, there goes that back hand to your lips! Praise the Lord, I have never experienced this but I know others that have. I had fear of just thinking about it happening to me.

There have been many instances where I feared going to jail. No, seriously! I always tell people don’t be surprise if you see me on the news segment “Street Beat!” These kids today will take you there sometimes and you just might snap and forget that they are your children. I’m just keeping it real with all of you! Again, I truly believe it is the milk we fed them.

I know there are others out there that is feeling my pain! TALK TO ME, NAH….

Remember, whatever you are going through with your child or children know that you are not alone. Everyone faces challenges with their child or children at some time or another. It may not be the same challenge as yours but none the less, it is a challenge. 

Thanks for allowing me to vent!

Let’s Chat:

If you have another conclusion other than the milk, (lol) please share with me.


Comments