Making the Best Out of Your Life

Awareness, Life, Grateful, Thankful, Confident, Future

Make the Rest of Your Life, the Best of Your Life ~ Anonymous

What is the saying “I may not be where I want to be, but thank God I am not where I use to be!” I often hear this phrase from people that have gone through a hardship of some kind during their lifetime. Usually these people have been delivered from being in the streets. When I say “in the street’s” I am talking about drug dealers, drug addicts, gang bangers, prostitutes, or as one might say a free spirited person that believes life should be lived carelessly.

While I cannot relate to this particular statement specifically, I can say thank God that I have made and am making it through some rough and tough times.  I can praise him from where I stand and say Thank You Jesus. One life lesson that I have learn to embrace is to make the best out of whatever situation I am going through. I have realized that whatever I may go through or have been through, other people are or have gone through much worse. So I have learned to try my best to look at things from a different perspective.

Deciding to make the best out of your life is a benefit that allows you to be grateful for what you have and not focus on the things you do not. Being delivered from the ways of the street is truly a blessing. Everyone cannot say they were fortunate to receive this blessing. When the opportunity presented itself everyone did not recognize it therefore did not take advantage of it.

Not too long ago, I saw a post from one of my Facebook friends that was a drug dealer back in the day. He stated “Sometimes you have to do a reality check on yourself.” He went on to mention that he was complaining about his job putting him on shift work and how now he has to work a night shift once a month. He recognized that at one point in his life he was taking chances that would have never allowed him to come home. You see in the end he recognized that he was complaining about working nights and at one time there was no guarantee he would be here on this earth.

He realized he could have either been dead or in jail. So therefore, he recognize his complaining held no merit because today in his life, he was working a legit job and getting paid to do it. It was also noted by him, that he “might add 'darn good pay'” lol. Lastly he stated, his reality check is that “God is good!” And, that he is! This man recognized God gave him another chance and he took advantage of that and turned his life around! A true blessing indeed.

To realize the blessings we have received whether it’s being delivered from the street life or delivered from going through rough and tough patches, being appreciative is what makes it so real. We should no longer focus on the things that are not important. Rather, always remember, while it may seem our troubles are larger than others, they are not. The truth of the matter is there is always someone out there that has more trouble than us and it is often much worse.

Here is some advice, when you feel things are crumbling down on you or you believe things are always happening to you, try looking at things from a different perspective. I know in the beginning it will be hard for you because all you see are your troubles. Everything is not what it always seem, therefore we should not always look at things in a negative way. When we decide to make the best out of our lives, we should try to look at things in a positive light. You know we should be an optimist. When we become optimistic about the things in our lives we are hopeful and confident about our future. Doing this allows us to make the best out of our lives in where we are today. 

Let’s Chat:

What things are you doing to make the best out of your life?

What reality check have you had in your life that makes you say God is good?


Comments