Surrendering Your Burdens to God


I hope you are encouraged to surrender everything to God, even what you never thought you could give up. ~ Jeremy Camp

Throughout life we will be hit with trials and tribulations. Through these difficult moments we may experience many feelings. Feelings of disappointment, failure, discouragement, among many other feelings. Sometimes it may feel as if the life has been sucked right out of you.  It is during these times we must seek God to see us through. I must admit, at times, that it’s easier said than done. You have all of these emotions flowing. You don’t know if you should take a right or left, then maybe a left or right.

Sigh, so many things flowing through your mind. Should I do this, or maybe I should do that.

When we are met with uncertainty in life, there is only one thing to do, give it to God. It is clear to see that, with all of the mumble and jumble going in your mind, clarity is nowhere in sight.  You don’t know if you should look at things in the natural or supernatural.

Looking at things in the natural will only leave you disappointed.  No hope. Discouraged and feeling hopeless in your situation. When we don’t have a relationship with God, these feelings creep in so easily. Even if you have a close relationship with God, you still may experience these feelings. Sometimes, we all grow weary in our faith. We are human.

However, the blessing of it all is that when we look at things in the supernatural, we see hope.

When we choose to look at things in the supernatural, we are forced to see the positive. Be hopeful and encouraged in God’s world. We know that with God, all things are possible. We learn, that we are not in this walk alone. That, God is right by our side through it all.
 
Surrendering to God during this time offers you peace. It gives you the chance of lifting the heavy burden that’s weighing you down. I’ve been carrying around this heavy burden for so long that it is literally beginning to weigh me down emotionally, mentally, and physically. My legs feel so weak at times. Like, the walk gets harder and harder. Although I know, I must surrender it to God, it is hard to do. 

At this point in my life, I can only be real with you. It is not an easy task for me to do. Not, because I don’t believe in God, only because, it hits so close to home. When something hits closer to home, literally sits in your lap, it’s harder to do.

Do you agree?

This is why I choose to write this post. To help me write myself through it. To help me release this burden that has been weighing me down. To finally, give it to God. To physically say, God, I can’t do this without you! I cannot do this any longer. I know my situation is better in your hands and not mine. I cannot do this without you. I cannot take care or fix this matter. The battle is no longer mind but yours.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6-7

Lord, on this day, 3/29/17 I know longer want to hold onto this burden, help me to release this matter and not take it back, (as we so often do.) Help me to lean on you when I grow weary and feel don’t’ feel like I can make it. Lord, although I know it’s better in your hands, and help me to accept your way and your will.

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2

Please, pray for me as I will pray for you, as you relinquish your burdens to God.

Let’s Chat,

Are you holding on to burdens that you know need to be given to God?


Comments