It's A Bummer Sitting in this Office All Day!-Springtime Anticipation


Courtesy of "D"
The Louisiana State Capitol Grounds
As Spring approaches, I just can’t shake off the urge to want to spend as much time as possible outdoors enjoying the sunshine and gorgeous weather! Are you just sitting in your cubicles daydreaming about being outside when the weather is beautiful? Are you trying to get a glimpse of the sun every chance you get during the day, walking to the bathroom or to the water fountain? While we’re all tremendously blessed to be employed, during this time of the year, it’s a bummer sitting in stuffy cubicles when the warm wind is blowing, birds are chirping and flowers are blooming. Can you relate to that “bummer” feeling? How many of you are feeling the same way? Springtime has a calming effect on my soul and it sparks my creativity. We can use this energy to inspire us to do things we’ve been saying we’d do all year – remember those New Year resolutions?? If you are like me, you’re probably working in a 9-to-5 type of setting with two fifteen minute breaks, one in the morning and one in the evening. It is my suggestion that we cure the springtime stuck-in-the-office blues by restarting our fitness plan, catching up on stalled projects, and maybe re-focusing on healthy eating and nutrition. 

Restart your fitness plan

Take a stroll to clear your mind, body and spirit. I intend to take advantage of the renewed energy that comes from Spring by giving my fitness plan a boost. Instead of staying in the stuffy office, I’m going to lace up my sneakers and take a power walk outside – one time around the block. We all know that we should strive to walk 10,000 steps per day. I challenge you to clip on your pedometer and go on this springtime spiritual journey with me. Bring along your I-Pod and listen to your favorite music. 



Catching up on stalled projects

What about that book you’ve been meaning to read or what about that book you’ve meaning to write? Take a break from the office and pick up your favorite magazine and take it outside for a quick read to get caught up on the latest fashion, technology or other trends. I can’t remember the last time I’ve had the opportunity to just sit and enjoy a good magazine. Now is the perfect time. Oh, and that book you’ve been intending to start on and or finish. Now is the perfect time to add a few more lines to get you closer to a finished project. 


Re-focusing on healthy eating and nutrition

Remember how we all said we were going to eat better this year? Maybe we should commit to packing a healthy lunch and taking it outside all while enjoying the scenery. Maybe we can even go to a little cafe and order a nutritious meal (something yummy and delicious) and sit outside at a little bistro table. It’s all about the eating healthy and enjoying the scenery while taking a break from the office.

I’ve found these suggestions to be helpful to me, to shake that “bummer” feeling while I’m confined to my cubicle during the day. I hope you do too!

Until next time…

Spread your wings and fly…


“D”

Comments