Do You Find Yourself Complaining About Little Things?

Tuesday's Talk With D 



“Be grateful for what you have and stop complaining – it bores everybody else, does you no good, and doesn’t solve any problems.” Zig Ziglar

I love everything about this quote. It sums everything up in a nutshell. My focus lately to God, has been asking Him, to take the desire away about complaining and if I might add, cursing, don’t judge me. That will be a post for a later time. I find myself complaining about small things or big things and the majority of the time, it’s not about anything serious. I know if I’ve notice my own complaining others have as well. But, my focus is not on what others think but about how I feel when I complain. My goal is to work on myself, and in that I’m noticing things that I need to work on and complaining is the first thing. When I say complaining, my complaints are I’m tired, I don’t feel like doing this or that, it’s basically just hearing myself talk about what I don’t feel like doing, and frankly I believe I’ve gotten on my own nerves. Now, isn’t that something?  When someone can admit their tired of hearing themselves complain about basically nothing. I believe this is something that we all can relate to but maybe not necessarily readily to admit to. I’m at a point in my life, where I’m ready to acknowledge my faults publicly and work on them as well. I realize that we often complain without realizing that we are complaining.


With that being said, I would like to share some tips that I’ve incorporated in my life that has helped me on my journey to complaining less and in the future I pray that I will stop all together. It’s definitely helping me to become a much happier and stress free person.

·         I reflect on how good God has been in my life – Take some time and reflect on just how good God is and you’ll come to appreciate everything you have. You might not have everything you believe you should have at this moment but think about where you’ve come from and that should give you insight that your complaints really have no validity.

·         Be thankful – When I hear other people’s problem, it brings me back to reality about my own. I think, WOW, I think I’m going through something and I’m actually not. Sometimes it takes hearing other people’s stories or watching the news, to snap back to reality and thank God, that it could be worse.

·         Realize that you can’t change things you have no control over – Whew, now this has been a lifesaver. Once I realized and processed this particular method into my life, my stress level decreased. I was relieved that I actually was able to genuinely let go and let GOD.

·         Focus on positivity – I focus on the positive and keep the negativity away. It has gotten to the point whereas if someone doesn’t have anything positive to say and is always complaining I don’t stick around. It’s nothing personal because I know everyone is not on the journey I’m on so I don’t judge them for that, I just don’t entertain it. Hopefully, they’ll take the cue and follow suit about changing their complaining habit. It’s really a bad habit to have.

·         What are you willing to do about it? - If I’m not willing to do anything about my complaints then why complain and that usually redirects my mind to something more positive and changes my mind frame. That’s like people complaining about someone being in the choir can’t sing, well join the choir, and show them your gifts and talents, otherwise, be quiet! Enough said!

Complaining is a bad habit to have and believe it or not has the ability to take away your happiness. If you are always complaining, how can you be happy? You know what, you can’t. Hopefully, by reading my post, something was sparked inside of you to take a look at yourself to see if in fact you are a complainer. If you don’t have an idea what a complainer is, the Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines a complainer as “a person who makes frequent complaints usually about little things.” Hopefully, that clears up any questions in your mind to what a complainer is and you can now determine if you are in fact a complainer. You don’t have to admit it to anyone but yourself. That’s the only thing that’s important. If you’re having trouble figuring out if you are a complainer or if you don’t want to admit you are a complainer, just ask someone, I’m sure they will be willing to tell you the truth.

Seek the truth and be on your way to a much happier and stress free person.

Philippians 2:14

Do everything without complaining or arguing,

Thanks for reading…


Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…


Be Encouraged,
Daria

Comments