3 Reasons You Should Talk Less and Pray More


Prayer, Growth, Challenges, Life

 
“I will lift up my eyes unto the hill, from whence cometh my help.” Psalm 121:1
 
When we are going through things the first thing we do is pick up the phone to call someone to share our story, vent or complain. It’s been the norm for so long in our lives, so it’s an automatic reaction to do so. What else is there to do, right? I believe we can all relate to doing this. I know I’m guilty of the same thing. Yes, I pray but it is so easy and much quicker to just pick up the phone. I want someone to hear my thoughts and I want their opinion as well.
 
For the past year and a half, I’ve been faced with many challenges. Frankly, I’m tired of venting, complaining and even just discussing my challenges. At times, I’m quiet and other times I’m vocal about my situation. There are times; I don’t want to be bothered. But, the way my blood line is set up, that's not in my personality. So, eventually the mood passes plus it’s not in me to give up.
 
Am I discouraged at times? Yes. Am I disappointed at my life events? Of course I am. Can I do anything about it? No. What I can do about it, is look at the way I choose to approach the situation. Will I give up? No.
 
Do I want to just jump on a plane and escape for a few days? Yes, of course. But, all that will  do is give me a temporary fix because when I get back the problems will still be there.
 
It is still a great idea to just escape for a while to get better aligned with your inner-self, so you can allow yourself to look at your situation in a more logical and clearer way.
 
The other day, I woke up in a solemn mood and was debating if I was even going to work. I went back and forth for a little while. I gave myself a talk, thanking God for waking me up. I said some affirmations to get my energy flowing. You know things like, today will be a good day, and I will be positive, smile, be kind and serve others.
 
However, I still wasn’t convinced about getting out of my bed. Of course it would have been much easier to stay under my warm covers and be secure in my own home. I eventually mustard up enough energy to get out of my bed. I know I have a lot in my life I’m seeking to accomplish, so I prepared myself for my days events. While I was getting dress I still wasn’t convinced if I was going. I could have easily slid back into my bed. But a voice came to me and of course I knew it was God speaking to me. He said, “Talk Less and Pray More.”
 
This hit me like a ton of bricks because I know I’ve been fasting for Lent plus I embarked on a 21 Day fast as well at the same time. In addition, I was spending time with God every day, studying and meditating. I needed answers and I knew this was a sure way to be in tuned with God. Of course, I was still voicing my problems with friends, but I was tired of doing that. So when that little voice entered my spirit and hit me like a ton of bricks, I knew that’s what I needed to do. Talk less and pray more.
 
Here are 3 simple reasons why you should talk less and pray more:
 
1.       Prayer works – When we are tempted to complain, our normal is to pick up the phone and converse with family, friends and/or co-workers. In reality, it’s good to have a listening hear among others, but it solves nothing. Our best solution is to turn for God for answers. We might not receive our answer in the time we want them, but we have the assurance when we do receive our answer we don’t have to question if it’s the right answer.

2.       You can hear what God is saying – When we decide to truly be still and listen to God, we have the opportunity to hear God speak to our hearts. We can be certain that it is God speaking to us because we have tuned into our inner-being. There will be no if, ands, or buts about our answer or whether or not if it’s God. In addition, we can have peace that it is God directing our steps and not the opinion of man.  

3.       You become more positive about your outcome - When we seek God’s guidance and receive it we are more at peace in the direction we are going. We become happier, joyful, and more positive about our life situations and how we approach our life challenges. We no longer have a reason to feel incomplete, unsure and dissatisfied about how we are going to handle the challenges in our lives.
 
I’m not saying that we can’t vent to our friends, family, and/or co-workers. But, in my opinion, if it’s a continuous dilemma you are faced with I think it’s time we decide to “Talk Less and Pray More.” If we want an answer that we don’t’ have to second guess we should seek God for answers. Our friends opinion, are just that, their opinion and may not be the best choices for our lives. People don’t always have our best interest at heart, so their answer can be truly based on how they truly feel about us. This is not always the case, but we need to be aware of how earthly answers can come to us and who delivers them.
 
How do you feel about talking less and praying more? Do you think you can do less complaining and take your concerns to God, before you pick up that phone again?  
 
Have you prayed about it as much as you’ve talked about it? Matthew 21:22
 
Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…

Be Encouraged,
Daria

Comments