4 Reasons A Day Of Reflection Is Needed

Acknowledge, Reflection, Humble, Appreciation, Grateful, Life, Thankful

 

No matter how good or bad you think your life is, wake up each day and be thankful… Someone somewhere else is fighting to survive. ~ Anonymous
 
A day of reflection is a time when we count our blessings for everything that has happened in our lives. It’s a time we look and say thank you Jesus I made it through. Many times, we zoom through life without giving thanks like we should. We get caught up with our day to day activities and for no obvious reason saying thank you ends up on the back burner. When in fact, it should be the first thing we say when we wake up.


Reflection is needed to show God we are appreciative of all the things he has done for us. Whether good or bad, we should acknowledge our gratefulness. I never would have made it without you, is what we should be voicing to God.
 
He is the reason for our being. The reason we wake up in the morning. The reason we see, smell, talk, walk, hear; He is the reason for it all. Yes, I never would have made it!
 
Taking the time to reflect on everything in our lives helps us have a sense of gratitude. Sometimes we get caught up on all of the material possessions or the things we want in life that we forget many people don’t have the things we have. Reflection helps to put things back into perspective.
 
A day of reflection should look like this:
 
1.       Acknowledge God ~ always thank God for the blessings He has bestowed on you. It’s so easy to think oh, I did this and that, when in fact if it wasn’t for God, you wouldn’t have. He’s the one that gave you your Gifts. Acknowledge Him.

2.       To Show Appreciation ~ sitting quietly and meditating on God’s goodness is a great way to show appreciation for everything God has done for you. There’s nothing like some one on one time with God. It does the body good.
 
3.       Be Grateful: Remember Some People Don’t Have The Simple Things ~ when we are constantly asking God for this or that, it’s good to remember that even though God said ask and you shall receive, seek and you should find, knock and the doors will be open there are still people out there that don’t have the simple things. Be grateful for what you do have.

4.       To Remember Where You Came From ~ it’s easy to be judgmental. Reflecting on where you came from helps keep your spirit humble and reminds you that within a blink of an eye, it could all be gone. Poof, know that you are not exempt.

 
Reflection for me means that I bring myself back to reality; it helps me to stay grounded. There are so many things I want to do in life. By reflecting, I’m remembering that it’s not about what I want but about what God wants me to do for others. It’s about being a service to others. Sometimes I lose sight of that. My greatest joy is to help others. Although, I want to serve others, I have to remember, my agenda may not be God’s will or purpose. Reflecting reminds me of this.
 
Do you take time to reflect?
 
How does reflection keep you grounded? 
 
Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…

Be Encouraged,
Daria

Comments