3 Essential Actions to Step Out of YOUR Comfort Zone

Comfort Zone, Challenge, Change, Network, Personal Development, Courage, Growth

 
When you step out of your comfort zone, you are stepping in to your greatness ~ Cynthia Chiam

Every now and then we become complacent at where we are in life. We want more but do not want to step out of a familiar place. We dream of that ideal job or a goal we’d like to achieve but don’t want to do what it takes to make it happen. It’s like we can just taste it but we are apprehensive if it will work. Because we are human we second guess ourselves.

Is that where you are in life?
 
What’s stopping you from stepping out of your comfort zone? Fear? Complacency? Scared of failing? Laziness?
 
Whatever reasons you have for not stepping out of your comfort zone, it’s all in your head. Yes, you heard me correctly. We are our own worst critic and will stop ourselves from succeeding in life because of our negative thoughts.
 
We have to make a conscious effort to shake off those negative thoughts and believe whatever is in our hearts we want to achieve, can be accomplished. The only thing is stopping us is if we don’t step out of the box.
 
Listed below are 3 essential actions I took to step out of my comfort zone to pursue my dreams:
 
1.       Believe In Yourself – Before stepping out of your comfort zone, you have to believe in yourself. You have to have confidence that you will succeed in anything you set your mind too. Believe in yourself and other’s will too.

2.       Network - Surrounding yourself with the right people is essential. The fact that you’ve taken steps to step out of your comfort zone says a lot. Being around other go-getters gives you the drive you need when you decide to step out of your comfort zone for the first time. There’s nothing wrong with being the new kid on the block. Networking is an opportunity to meet experienced professionals and maybe find a mentor Networking is a must!
 
3.       Ask Questions – Asking questions is a great way to become confident is stepping out of your comfort zone. There’s nothing wrong with asking others questions about how they were able to take that leap of faith. When we realize that we are all the same, yet different in our identities we understand that everyone has a starting point. Someone had to encourage those people who stepped out of their little box. Don’t be ashamed to ask questions. Those that don’t, miss out on so much.
 
When I decided to start blogging, I had no clue where to begin. All I knew is that I wanted to start blogging. I researched blogging events and joined them on social media so that I could stay up-to-date on the blogging community. From there I learned about blogging conventions. Last year I stepped out of my comfort zone and went to a convention out of state, by myself. In the beginning I was a little intimidated but the blogger community made me feel very welcomed.
 
I met new people and formed new friendships. All of this happened because of those three essentials actions I decided to take. The number one thing was first believing in myself. Everything else fell into place after that. So, you see when you believe in yourself, your world is limitless. Just open that little box, flap by flap and take the steps to step out and do all the amazing things you want to do in life.
 
Let’s chat:
 
What ways did you step out of your comfort zone?
 
How will you step out of your comfort zone?

Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…

Be Encouraged,

Daria

Comments