3 Reasons it’s Important for YOU to Pursue Your Dreams

Dreams, Sacrifice, Fulfillment, Achieve, Happiness, Self-Confidence, Dedication, Discipline, Goals

All of our dreams come true if we have the courage to pursue them ~ Walt Disney
 
Whether it’s buying a house, a new car, going back to school or moving towards your dream career, it’s important that you find the courage to pursue your dreams. Not only is it important, it’s a must. Dreams are meant to be fulfilled. You are meant to have fulfillment in your life. Your life is a reflection of what you seek to have fulfilled.

Are you living a fulfilled life?
 
Having the courage to pursue your dreams takes determination, discipline and dedication. It’s having the mind frame of whatever it takes to pursue my dreams I’m willing to put forth the effort to do what I need to. It’s about sacrifice.
 
Are you willing to make sacrifices to pursue your dreams?
 
I have a sister friend that just graduated with her nursing degree and I must say I’m so very proud of her. She went back to school in her twenties and received her 1st degree. She worked in various positions while she raised two children.
 
I remember her telling me she was tired of working jobs that seemed to be going nowhere and wanted to do something different. She stated that she always wanted to be a neonatal nurse and move out of state. She would always say when her children graduated from high school “she was getting the Hell out of Baton Rouge”. We talked about it and I told her she should do it. Everyone else encouraged her as well. I mentioned we are not getting any younger and our kids are getting older, it’s our time.

I believe by then one of her children was about to begin college and the other one had one or two years left before she headed off to college. My thought was if there is any time to do it the time is now. My friend enrolled in nursing school and was accepted. She worked two jobs, raised her kids and went to school full-time. She encountered many obstacles and challenges. The easiest thing would have been for her to give up and the hardest thing for her would have been to keep going. I’m glad she chose the latter, and kept pushing forward.

There were many sleepless nights with her studying. She had to give up her social life for the most part to ensure she concentrated on her studies. In other words, she had to make sacrifices if being a neonatal nurse was that important to her. Work, raising her children and going to school was the majority of her life.
 
Every once in a while she managed to get together with friends for drinks or a quick getaway. You still need that down time to refocus, reenergize and revitalize so that you don’t become discouraged with all the stress involved with pursuing your dreams.
 
It’s a bittersweet moment for me, because while I’m so proud to say that with her dedication, determination, and discipline my friend completed her nursing degree, she also accepted a job out of state. I also want to add that it’s in the neonatal department. Even though I am sadden that she is leaving the state, words really can’t describe how proud I am of her because she stated what she wanted and did the work to make it happen.  

Is there something out there you are seeking to accomplish? A new home, a car, a college degree, a new career or starting your own business? Maybe it’s something totally different than what I have listed. Whatever your case may be I want you to know that you are fully capable of making it happen. You just have to position your mind to do what is required to pursue your dreams.
 
When deciding to pursue your dreams and accomplish them, there is a greater fulfillment that one encounters. It’s that feeling of being proud that YOU did it. You might have had doubts, as we all sometimes do at one time or another but you didn’t let those “doubts” stop you. Awesome YOU!
 
Deciding to pursue your dreams has so many positive benefits for your life. Here are three reasons why you should pursue your dreams:
 
1.       Creates Fulfillment in YOUR Life – Pursuing and accomplishing your dreams fills a void that you may not have notice was missing in your life. It’s a joy that indescribable. It’s a feeling that makes you want to scream at the top of your lungs, YES I DID IT!

2.      Builds Self-Confidence – Your head is held high and there is no stopping you. My co-workers, friends and family laugh at me all the time and mock me. They are always saying that my purse is held in the crease of my elbow and that head is held and I be going on about my business. I deny it of course, lol, but when you have accomplished things in your life you can’t help but have self-confidence. It’s not being conceited; it’s about being sure about who you are. Don’t mind me I’m going about my business. LOL

3.      Enjoy what you’re doing – When you pursue your dreams you have the opportunity to truly do what you love. There are no boundaries except the ones you set. You have control over your destiny. You hold the key to your success.
 
I know when I graduated with my College Degree back in 2012 after waiting 20 years, I was so proud of myself. Words couldn’t explain what it did for my self-confidence, knowing that my hard work had finally paid off was a true blessing. Lord knows, there were times; I was ready to throw in the towel. I’m so glad I didn’t. It truly took the 3 D’s, dedication, determination, and discipline for me to achieve my dream. I literally had NO LIFE! Talking about sacrifice, indeed it was, but it was all worth it in the end.
 
So, my question for you is, isn’t it time, you make the sacrifice to pursue your dreams and do what you truly love?
 
Let’s Chat:

What will it take for you to pursue your dreams?
 
Are you willing to give up a part of your life to make it happen?


Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…


Be Encouraged,

Daria
 

Comments