Let's Do It Together, One Day at a Time

Strength, Encouragement, Present, Courage, Inspiration, Mental Illness, Cancer, Lupus, Prayer

The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at time ~ 
Abraham Lincoln
 
Today is be honest day! There are times when I’m feeling “blah” and don’t feel like writing a post. Truth be told, I don’t want to be bothered with anyone. Lately, because of my Lupus I’ve been experiencing migraines like never before. Most of the time the migraine is consistent and all I want to do is get in my bed. This puts me in an even more “blah” mood. Sitting at work has become a task but I continue to press on.

Giving up and giving in to these feelings are not even an option. I just keep it moving and pray for continued strength to go on. Just like I have my ailments that I’m dealing with at this particular time, I know others are fighting larger battles.

It is because of this I have come to the conclusion that regardless of what we are going through we will do this together, one day at a time. We can’t turn back the hands of time and we can’t predict what the future will hold. All we can do is focus on the present and do what it takes to see it through.

When we pray together,”For where two or three gather together in my name, there I am among them.” (Matthew 18:20) we forge a better chance of us being healed because we are not being selfish asking God to just heal us, we are asking God to heal us all. We are thinking of others and not just ourselves.

Sometimes is easy to get caught up in being selfish, thinking it’s only about us. We are human so that’s expected and although it is expected it isn’t acceptable. Here are some ways we can release the focus off of ourselves and put it towards others.
 
1.       Pray for others – When you pray, include others in your prayers. Pray for the ones that have wronged you or hurt you. Pray for strangers. Pray for the homeless, incarcerated, battered women, sick and shut in, ones suffering with mental illness, people with addiction, cancer patients, and lupus patients. I can go on and on with this list, but you get the point.

2.       Give an encouraging word – If you see someone and they look like they're suffering give them an encouraging word. If they need a hug, give that too. So what if it’s a stranger, if they look like they need it, it is your duty to do it. We can change the world, one day at a time together.
 
3.       Pay it forward – This is what I love to do. I can be having a conversation with someone and hear them talking unbeknownst to them the spirit has hit and they're receiving a blessing. It’s such a blessing to be able to pay it forward. Whether it’s in the drive-thru, grocery store, wherever I am and the spirits hits I pay it forward. It truly warms my heart to see the look on their face and know that someone has done something nice for them. It lets people know that there is still kindness in the world despite all of the negativity we see or hear about on the news.

There are many other ways we can take the focus off of ourselves and be of service to others. Stop and be a blessing to someone else in their time of need. In doing so, you are being a blessing and you realize how blessed you are.  

You never know what’s going on in someone else’s life. Your actions and/or words can be the determining factor if you make or break them at that present time. So, be mindful of the words you speak for you reap what you sow and you never know when it’s your time.

Remember, we are all fighting a battle. Some may be bigger than others. At the end of the day it is still a battle. The blessing of it all is that we never have to fight alone we can forge together with God and do this together, one day at a time.

Peace. Love. Prosperity

Let’s chat:

Are you willing to come together and pray for others?

Are you selfish with your prayers?

Do you have a prayer partner?

Thanks for reading…
Leave a comment and share your thoughts!
Until next time,
Spread your wings and fly…

Be Encouraged,
Daria

Comments