4 Things to Be Mindful of As We Approach 2016



Planning is bringing the future into the present so that you can do something about it now. ~ Alan Lakein

So, here we are, only one week and two days until we officially cross over into a new year! I must say the last six months have been a total blur. It seems everything has been happening in a whirlwind manner and I’m trying to keep up to make sure I don’t get lost in the shuffle.

Do you feel like this?

Whew! I need to catch my breath and breathe. In and out.

There are so many loose ends I need to tie up before 2015 is officially over. You know the usual:

What goals did I have set for 2015?

What was accomplished and what was not accomplished?

What should I leave behind in 2015 and what should I carry over to 2016?

What are my new goals for 2016?

Today’s post is to help you, if you have not already, think about preparing for 2016. We are all so busy in life taking care of family, friends and whatever other obligations we are responsible for that we sometimes forget about the goals we have for ourselves. We make countless sacrifices for others and we forget about ourselves.
This needs to end in 2015!

I am not saying that we forget about our other obligations but we must not forget about our goals, the things we want to accomplish or things we want to experience. Just the other day I was talking to my aunt and she stated “I will not lie, I spent my money on myself this year.” And, I said I know you have. In 2015 alone, I think she has gone on 5 or more cruises, in addition to one or two domestic trips. Kudo’s to her! This is what it is about, LIVING!

In preparing for 2016, let’s think about some things we should be mindful of as we move forward into a new year, so WE can start LIVING:

1.       Goals – Be it a new job, buying a new home, a new car, starting a business or working on self, we should all have some goals in place.


2.       Lifelong learning – Always be willing to perfect your craft in whatever category your gifts and talents may fall in. We all should be in the habit of having the mind-set to be willing to learn new things for both our personal and professional lives. Always be a lifelong learner.

3.       Be Willing to Adapt to Change – As I have stated in previous post, change is inevitable. It is a constant revolving door. Change will occur with you on board or not, therefore, the best thing for you to do is to be willing to embrace it big or small.

4.       New “Life” Adventures – Is there something you have been wanting to try? Something new or out of your comfort zone? Whether it is traveling to a new destination, taking a cruise, rekindling an old flame, or whatever your situation may be, now is the time for you to pull your big girl panties up or your big boy drawers up and step on out there and DO IT! There’s no time like the present time.

These are some of the things that have been on my radar, as I approach 2016. There are many more things that may arise but I know these four are very important when planning for a new year. When I look back over 2015, I realize I could have accomplished many more things had I stuck to my planning accordingly.

Things in life come up and sometimes shift the plans we had planned therefore, I will not be so hard on myself for the things that were not accomplish this year. We must be mindful that life happens, and often times we have no control over what occurs. What is most important is that we get back on track when this happens and don’t see it as a means to give up.

I hope this post helps you, if you have not already, get in a mind frame and start planning for 2016. My goal is to help you start 2016 off with a plan to become a better version of yourself. With a little planning, an open mind and a whole lot of willingness to be a better you, I would say 2016 will be the best year yet! What do you think?

Let’s Chat:

Did I miss anything?

What planning have you done for 2016?

What are some of the things that are important to you as you approach 2016?

Thanks for reading! Your feedback is always welcome. Just tweet at me, or email me. While you’re at it, be sure to subscribe to get my posts in your inbox – over there on the right. Until next time, Spread your wings and fly…

Be Encouraged,
Daria

Comments