Having Faith during Difficult Times

Faith, Peace, Belief, Trials, Life-Lessons, Life


Faith is simply confidence in the trustworthiness of God. ~ Anonymous

Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1) In going through the journey of life sometimes we are put in positions we never thought nor wanted to be in. We wonder, “What the hell…?” I’ve learned that these very experiences cause you to grow closer to God. In experiencing these trials we are faced with growing our faith and strengthening our relationship with God or giving up.

When looking at our problems through the natural it's easy to want to give up. But, when we look at our problems through the supernatural that is when our faith is stretched and strengthened. Right now I'm crossing into a journey I never thought I'd be at. Or, in a situation I never wanted to be a part of. I have learned in life, sometimes, we have to do what we have to do to ensure one of our own is taken care of. To be honest I've talked to God and have asked him "when will I catch a break, a breather, or something?" Have I received an answer? No! And quite honestly, I doubt I ever will.

It is during this time that I must continue to grow my relationship with God. I know my faith is strong but there are times when I become weary. Weary because I have lost my focus and I begin to look at my problems through the natural. Natural allows the devil to come in and steal our peace of mind. Viewing our problems in the supernatural allows us to put our faith in God and ride out our problems knowing God is with us to see us through.

Whatever you are facing in life make the decision to trust in God to see you through. Know that troubles don't last always and that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I don't know how long this journey of difficult times will continue. I do know despite the weary days I may encounter God will never leave me nor forsake me.

The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Deuteronomy 31:8

I know God would have never brought me through my stalking incident, the death of my grandmother , the untimely death of my father, and other  personal family difficulties  to leave me. I know for some it may be hard to see it like this when difficult times arise. If you start to have these feelings just look back on what God has brought you through in life and you will begin to realize how you are still standing and will continue to stand despite the trials you are facing.

I cannot and will not give up…simply because he has not given up on me.

Let’s Chat:

How do you grow in your faith with God during difficult times?


Comments