United We Stand for Justice

Unity, Community, Justice, Alton Sterling, Philando Castile Peace, Protest, Police Officer

One man alone can’t defeat the forces of evil, but many good people coming together can. ~ Harold Kushner

In light of recent events, the unfortunate shootings of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile, I felt compelled to speak on the need for unity in the community of Baton Rouge, La and the entire country. In the terms of, “United We Stand, Divided We Fall,” we must all stand together if we want our message to be heard. Joining together as a community and a nation is much more profound than being divided individually. It serves as a message that we are here and we want justice for these senseless murders.

I’m all for protesting if it is done correctly. From what I have been seeing on television, I cannot say that I agree with some of the behavior. If we want our voices to be heard we have to strategize our tactics with wisdom. We have to make sure that we are all out there for one reason and that’s justice. It should be understood that we are not out there to combat the police but to get our message across, that we will no longer stand for our people to be gunned down by police that do not abide by the oath taken when they were sworn in.

In tuning in to the various social media accounts that I have, I have seen rants and raves on police. I don’t stand for the injustice that took place in Dallas. I do believe and know in my heart that all police officers are not bad. It’s so unfortunate that the good have to suffer for the bad like the senseless killings of the cops in Dallas. This was truly a senseless act of violence. We will not get our message across while we have individuals that think this way is the answer.

While my heart goes out to the families of these victims, I cannot help but think of my own that were killed for no apparent reason as well. I for one don’t have all the answers and I know others are feeling the same way. It is these times that we must turn to prayer to help us make sense of it all. Prayer is such a strong force to help us deal with what has happen. It is a powerful stance to take when we don’t know what else to do.

Dropping to our knees in desperation to God and praying for these senseless killings and murders to stop is the only way we as individuals can seek change. There has been several debates over black lives matter, all lives matter and/or blue lives matter but at the end of the day we all belong to the same race, the human race. We have to be the change we seek. I will leave you with an excerpt I found from a line of “The Liberty Song,”

Then join hand in hand, brave Americans all,
By uniting we stand, by dividing we fall;
In so righteous a cause let us hope to succeed,
For heaven approves of each generous deed.


Be Blessed! Stand Strong! Let’s Unite As One…  


Comments