3 Strategies to Building Your Empire

Strategies, Relationships, Lifelong Learner, Consistency, Business

People create their own success by learning what they need to learn and then practicing it until they become proficient at it. Brian Tracy

In life we go through many phases. Whether we chose to work for someone else and then branch out on our own, or chose to work for ourselves right from the start, the ability to choose our own path is what makes us determine to succeed.

A couple of years ago, I started selling Avon part-time. Nine years ago, I sold Avon for fourteen years. Back then, we did not have social media like we do today. The way I was able to build my lucrative business was through hard work and dedication. I’m not saying that because of social media today it doesn’t take the same strategies as it did back then. What I am saying is that back then we mainly had to do things manually and physically. Meaning that we had to take to the streets and market our business. This determined if we were serious about being successful. If we were determined to get out there in the rain, sleet or snow then we were determined about seeing our business through whatever challenges that occurred.  

Today, I feel the same way I did nine years ago about growing my business. When I decided to re-enter into the direct selling world two years ago I had one thing on my mind and that was to help others. I want to always be a lifelong learner in a way that I can teach others. Helping others helps me become better in my quest to be a service to others. For me, Avon isn’t just about making money; it’s about building long-lasting relationships.

I want to take the skills I’ve learned throughout my life thus far and bless others with the knowledge that I’ve gained. I’m looking to reconnect in the direct selling industry by increasing my skill set so that others can see what all Avon has to offer and decide to join me and let me teach them how they can become successful at building their own empire. Being able to one day if they choose to, lead a life of freedom.

With that said, here are three successful strategies I’ve used in the past and continue to use today that has helped me in building my empire. These steps have proven to be effective for whatever path you have chosen to lead a life of freedom.

Using these strategies will increase your chances of building your own empire and become successful. Remember, that quantity might be good for today but quality is something that will last a lifetime.

1.      Build relationships – Be genuine in helping others. Listen to what he or she is saying. Ask questions. If you don’t know an answer, be willing to look elsewhere to help your customer.  

2.     Lifelong learner –Always be willing to learn about the products you are selling. Take online classes, read books, look at webinars. Learn all of your networking media outlets.

3.      Be consistent – If people see you are consistent about your business, they’ll take you and your business more seriously. Be persistent with following up with a leads.  With time people will come to trust you, respect and support your business.

When deciding to branch out to build your empire you must understand that the branding of yourself will follow you throughout your lifetime. You must always represent what you stand for on and off the clock. People will always be looking at you to see if there are differences in how you carry yourself when you are not conducting your business. Never give them a reason to question your ability to be successful, build your business and change lives.

Let’s Talk:

What strategies do or have you used to build your empire?


Comments