Date Night - Finding Balance

Date Night, Relationships, Relationship, Balance, Love, Restaurant, Laugh, Happy, Smile, Quality-Time

Good relationships just don’t happen. They take time, patience, and two people who truly want to be together. ~ Anonymous. 

With so much going on in my life, it is important for me to find a balance in everything. One of the areas I decided to start with was my relationship. I wanted to carve out some quality time with the Mr. This has been a struggle for us lately. Therefore, we had to be intentional and set aside a day and time that we could go out on a date. No distractions!

At one time, it wasn’t anything for us to pick up the keys and get in the car and go. Now a days with the added responsibility in our lives time has not been on our side. Plus, by the end of the day we are both dead tired and going out on a date is the furthest thing from our minds. We agreed, this wasn’t good and we needed to make some time for “us!”

So, we made it happen last Thursday…

It was just like going out on our first date, lol… I was running around the house trying to figure out what I was going to wear. I decided to throw on nice colorful bold shirt, jeans and some heels. The Mr. is always fussing saying when I go out with “my girls” I throw on my heels, but when I’m with him I have on flats. Which is so not true! So, for our date night, I made sure he saw that I strutted in my heels. You have to give the man what he wants, every now and then, lol…

One of my girlfriends recommended a restaurant called Bin 77. At first, I was a little apprehensive but decided to give it a try. It would be something totally different for us, a first for us both, so why not?

I’m pleased to say the atmosphere was perfect. We decided to sit outside and enjoy this unpredictable weather that Baton Rouge has afforded us to have, you know cold one day, hot the other. So, while it was nice outside we decided to take advantage and enjoy each other’s company under the moon light setting. The mood setting was just right. We both needed this!

When the waiter came I immediately asked her to take our pictures. I wanted this night captured because in all it seemed just perfect. Everyone was out, mingling and enjoying each other’s company. We really couldn’t have picked a better night to decide to rekindle our date nights.

 Date Night, Relationships, Relationship, Balance, Love, Restaurant, Laugh, Happy, Smile, Quality-Time


We both ordered our preferred drink of choice, dropped our shoulders and let out a breathing sigh. For me it was like relaxation amidst the stars and moonlight. He just looked at me and smiled. I’m not sure if he knew the importance of this time for me. It was a grandparent’s night out, lol with no worries…

 Date Night, Relationships, Relationship, Balance, Love, Restaurant, Laugh, Happy, Smile, Quality-Time


The conversation was great! The flow was nice and steady. There were laughs, flirting along the way and yarning, lol…. Ha, we both had to laugh, we are still young, but we’re an old couple.

Now, it was time to order. I was so undecided so I figured a salad was a safe way to go so I ordered an Apple & Endive Salad and added Smoked Chicken and Tempur Shrimp. When they first brought my salad, they forgot my chicken and shrimp, so it was brought to me on the side. My chicken strips were so juicy and tender, I was in awe. The Mr. felt the same way and played it safe so he ordered The Bin Burger with all the fixings. I must say we were pleased with our choices. Of course, I tried his burger and I shared my salad. It was a win-win for us both.

 Date Night, Relationships, Relationship, Balance, Love, Restaurant, Laugh, Happy, Smile, Quality-Time


 Date Night, Relationships, Relationship, Balance, Love, Restaurant, Laugh, Happy, Smile, Quality-Time


We decided upon our next visit that since we know the type of food that is served we would branch out and try something new. We just didn’t want our experience to be a bad one since it had been a while for us both. We wanted to have a nice drink and good food. A night without any bad occurrences. I must say that it happened.

By 8:30 we were yarning like crazy and decided to end our date-night and head home. On the ride home we agreed we had a good time. It was definitely something that was long overdue. We decided regardless of what is going on in our lives we have to make sure we balance it all in order to have a lasting meaningful relationship.  

Let’s Chat:

Is your life hectic right now?

When was the last time have you had a date night with the Mr. or the Mrs.?


Comments