I'm Back! New Year, New Beginnings


Hiatus, Focus, Self-Care, New Year, Passion


Sometimes you need to give yourself a break when you’ve had a life change. ~ Barbara Freethy

I am so excited to be back with you after a much needed break!

With so much going on in my personal life, a new grand-baby, getting adjusted to the crying in the middle of the night, balancing my time between two grandchildren, work, family life, and a relationship it was hard to focus my mind on anything especially writing. I would like to say in the beginning that I thought, I could handle it all without comprising the quality of work that I provide my audience, but I would be lying.

Truth is when the new addition came into the home, and the routine that I had become accustomed to changed, I was tired, delirious, exhausted, with a case of writing blues. What once came natural to me in what I loved to write about was no longer. I could no longer find the energy to concentrate on writing. I was overwhelmed with my life.

Although, I loved receiving the positive responses from my audience and being noticed as the Blossoming Butterfly Blog out on the street, I needed time to adjust to my new everyday life.

In my previous blog post I oftened talked about self-care. For me, taking my hiatus from blogging was the self-care I needed. While, I felt guilty in doing so, I knew it was best for me, at that time. Remember, we are no good to others if we are not together for ourselves.

I had become detached from my writing and my creativity was no longer effective. It would not have been fair to you, my audience, to write sloppy ineffective words that would not serve a purpose. Therefore, I decided to take my time of MIA to regroup, refresh and be renewed in my spiritual being.

It is important that we listen to our mind, body and spirit, when it speaks to us. Otherwise, we could end up in a situation that hinders us from doing what we truly love forever. That for me is writing, sharing my life experiences to help others.

Stepping back when needed is part of the process of self-care.

That time away allowed me to nourish my mind and spirit and become refreshed.

News Alert: I am happy to say, I am back to writing with the passion I once had. I have a new outlook on my writing and the purpose it serves to others.

With that said, I’m back to give you what you deserve and that’s content that can be beneficial to you or someone you love. I do want to add, my normal weekly post will now be twice a month or if time permits more I will post more frequently. I still have personal family obligations that do come first and need my undivided attention.


This balancing act of everything in my life is new to me and I want to make sure all areas that I am seeking to fulfill are done with the most sincere part of me that I can give. My family, myself and you, my audience deserve the best part of me.     


Comments