Fun Times with Family


Fun, Laughter, Laugh, Family, Friends, Generations, Life,

We didn’t realize we were making MEMORIES we just knew we were having fun. Anonymous

It is always good to spend quality time with family. This past Saturday, I did just that. Spent quality time with family and friends. And, boy did I enjoy myself. My family is big on supporting each other, so family from Houston, Texas and Natchitoches, LA came in to enjoy the festivities. The laughs and reminiscing of old times, was one to be remembered. I love to hear stories from back in the days. Those are priceless stories carried down from generation to generation.

The occasion was my cousin’s son’s birthday party combined with their housewarming party. The house was filled with laughter and storytelling. The outside was just the same. I didn’t know if I wanted to be inside or out. I mean stories were being told on both ends and I wanted to soak up everything I possibly could. Just to be around genuine family members with awesome vibes was exactly what I needed. It definitely makes me treasure life and all it has to offer.


Fun, Laughter, Laugh, Family, Friends, Generations, Life,

The only person I was missing was my grandmother. For me, that is the only drawback with getting together with that side of the family. The stories I hear just makes me miss her even more.  Lord, how I miss that woman. I know that’s how some of the children and grandchildren feel as well. You see, on that side my grandmother and their grandmother are sisters. Both are deceased. So, you can imagine the stories being shared and laughter that was going on.

The food that was served wasn’t anything extravagant but it was good. Barbeque chicken, wieners, hamburger patties, jambalaya, baked beans, dips and dessert. I have recently come to enjoy the seven layered dip and it was there, boy, how that just made by day. Once seeing that I didn’t focus on anything else. Another dessert that I loved was my grandmother’s homemade chocolate cake. This was my all-time favorite and was a cake that my grandmother made me every year for my birthday. Well low and behold, as the old folk say, my cousin had made the cake.

Once my mother came by me saying oh, Daria, here’s the homemade chocolate cake and you can’t have it because you gave it up for Lent.  Once I looked at it and got a whiff of the smell of the chocolate icing it reminded me all to well of my grandmother. You see, I hadn’t quite decided if I was giving up sweets, I knew I had given up everything fried but the sweets was still undecided. With that said, you know I had not one, but two pieces of chocolate cake. (Don’t judge me!) And, OMG, how divine it was… It was definitely, the sister’s recipe. Normally, my grandmother would make just the chocolate cake, and her sister would make the chocolate cake covered with pecans on it. Well, my cousin stated she didn’t have any so this would have to do. It was simply delish to me.  

Ok, now for the highlight and much laugh of the evening. Drumroll….

My mother and her sister, my aunt showed up in the same attire looking like bobbsey twins. The only difference is my aunt was wearing black pants and my mother was wearing jeans. I was sitting down outside by my mother and my aunt came through the door. I caught a glimpse of her and looked at my mother and said, are ya’ll dressed alike? My mama, looked and said, “Awww Hell” by that time everyone started noticing and started laughing. Both sisters, had gone shopping together previously, noting that the other stated she started to call and say, I’m wearing this so don’t, but both times started doing something and forgot to make the call.  The rest of the day people were laughing, commenting and some took pictures to post on social media. You see this is what happens when sister’s shop together.

Fun, Laughter, Laugh, Family, Friends, Generations, Life,


This gathering made me remember three things:

1.       Life is short, enjoy it!
2.       Laugh often and loudly as you want.
3.       Treasure your family while they are here, because tomorrow IS NOT promise.

While we should all know this, the hustle and bustle of everyday life sometimes, takes us away from remembering these things. That’s why it is good to try and get together as often as time allows. Sometimes that requires rescheduling our schedule to fit it in. For me attending this gathering was important! I had been dealing with a migraine for at least three weeks. Well, I was so excited when I woke up and didn’t feel the headache. Yasss, I was finally able to get back to my life before this terrible migraine hit me. I couldn’t have ask for a better rejuvenation than to have fun times with family.


Fun, Laughter, Laugh, Family, Friends, Generations, Life,


Fun, Laughter, Laugh, Family, Friends, Generations, Life,


Fun, Laughter, Laugh, Family, Friends, Generations, Life,


Fun, Laughter, Laugh, Family, Friends, Generations, Life,


Fun, Laughter, Laugh, Family, Friends, Generations, Life,


Fun, Laughter, Laugh, Family, Friends, Generations, Life,

Let’s Chat:

What are your best memories with family, thus far?




Comments