Adapting to Life's Unexpected Occurrences


As much as you want
to plan your life, it has
a way of surprising you
with unexpected
things that will make you
happier than you
originally planned.

That’s what you call
GOD’s WILL.

For the last couple of months I haven’t felt motivated to write anything! Life has been busy, real busy. It seems as if my world as it stands right now is bombarded with unexpected occurrences. You know, how, all of a sudden BAM! Your life doesn’t seem like your life anymore.

Have you ever felt like that?

It’s not that I feel like writing now, BUT, I feel as I’m at my wits end, so I decided to take to my keyboard and word document and key it out.

As I stated previously, I was never into journaling, but for some reason writing it out has been therapeutic for me. 

Strange, isn’t it?

There are so many different things that have been occurring in my life and honestly I’ve been trying to keep in stride with it without crumbling. I have two very little girls counting on me!

I use to find solace in meditating, being myself and soaking life in. Lately, that’s been hard to do. I have found some time to work out, which has been helping but even that these days seems as if it’s about to be limited.

What once was “MY TIME” is no longer there. The get up and go, gone. A nap, gone. Drinks at the spur of the moment, gone. Extra money, gone. Love life…..Some business opportunities for the most part are at a halt. An adjustment it has been…

My reality is now, dirty diapers, snotty noses, lol…tantrums, lol…waking up in the middle of the night, doctors appointment, fever, teething, birthday parties and a whole lot of slobbery kisses and hugs, that I wouldn’t trade for the world. They seem to know when I need a laugh and that oldest one turning two (Yes, two, a ball of energy) this Sunday never disappointments me in making me laugh. She’s such a character and has a personality out of this world. That in itself makes it all worth the sacrifice.

The plan I once had for my life, has now been put on the back-burner. I guess that’s why the saying is we should always prepare BUT it will never be set in stone if it isn’t GOD plans.

Everyone that knows me and those that have connected with me in my writing knows that my grandchildren are my world. My eyes are not big enough to see those girls. To see them flourish each and every day is a blessing and joy. To be able to be a dependent and stable factor in their lives is something I thank God for each and every day. I’m blessed to be in my right mind, to have good health and to be able to provide them with stability.

Sounds easy, right??? Not all the time.

You never know what plans God has for your life. Because, all though I love those girls, to the moon and back, being their primary caregiver at this moment was never my plan. I know grandparents that do this every day that is why I do my best to never question God’s will. It was already written, right? It’s really an epidemic, grandparents raising their grandchildren. I really don’t get it, but as the saying goes, it is what it is.

In life sometimes we just need to lay it all out on the table, so I guess that’s what I’m doing. I must say it is helping me exhale and I know that’s a good thing. As I stated earlier, I never was a journaling type but it has helped. The only difference is instead of keeping it private I am writing for my followers who may be experiencing trials in life. I’ve learned we all, I mean we all, everrrrybody have something going on. The Story might be different, but we are all the same in some form or fashion.

You might be coming out of a storm, or your storm hasn’t arrived yet, or it could be that you are going through it now. It goes to validate my statement, our stories maybe different but we are all the same. We are all trying to weather our storm. Keep ya head up!

Although, we all have things that we are experiencing in life, one thing we all have in common is adapting to what life has been thrown us. I’m so at a different place in my life. What was important or what I thought was important no longer is. “It’s just a non MF factor” in my Evelyn Lozado's voice.

I guess what I’m saying is that when God allows these occurrences in your life, he gives you the grace to do it and wipes out the concerns of the world that doesn’t include you. Praise God…

For that in itself, I am grateful that what I thought and who I thought was important turn out not to be…
Life is short and for now whether it is temporary or permanent, me and my grand girls are going to ride this journey out together because God has equipped me with the grace to do so!

If life has hit you, I want you to know you are not alone. Sometimes to get my mind refocused when I start to have this short pity party, I have to remind myself that what I have going on in my life could be much worse that it is. So although, it may look bad, because this is one of the many things that’s going on in my life it is not bad, life still exist. For that I am grateful!


Be Blessed!









Comments