Enjoying the Suite Life


Life isn’t about having things to enjoy life. It’s about enjoying life with the things you have. ~ Anonymous

On Saturday, I was blessed with the opportunity to attend a football game in a box office suite. While others enjoy the suite life for sport reasons, my love for the suite life this time was for relaxation and to catch up on some much needed reading of my magazines.

With my new role of grandmother hood, anytime I can get away without the grand girls I use to exhale. This particular day I rode with my fiancé to his weekend of sports broadcasting for college football. While others chit chatted or looked outside as the football teams prepared to make their entrance on the field I took the time to browse a magazine that I had been having for a while.

You see in my new found role I rarely have time to do anything for myself. The little time that I do carve out I use it for important matters at hand. Therefore, when I do find some extra time, I do things that once came effortlessly and that was my love for reading. Whether I’m enthralled in a really good book or a magazine that I love I’m using the time to relax.

You might ask how can you tune out all of the chitter chatter in the background. To be honest it comes naturally. My co-workers tell me all the time that I zone out and enter into my own world. Not hearing a word they are talking about. I guess it’s safe to say that’s pretty much how I stay in my own lane and mind my business. So, this time around it was no different. I had one thing on my mind and that was to enjoy my version of peace time.

While I occasionally looked up and interacted with some of the other people in the suite my primary focus was on my reading. I was there in body, but not mind and spirit. My mind and spirit was focused on taking my “me time.”

It was a much needed time and I took advantage of it. Normally, I would walk outside and sit out in the bleachers for a while, but this go round I sat and relaxed. I heard the people talking but didn’t.

I don’t remember the last time I was able to read a magazine in its entirety. I mean actually read the articles and take the time to look up the author if I was interested in learning more about them. I must say it felt good, “damn good.”

Let’s not forget I ate well. Yasss, honey, let’s not forget the food. I had snacks such as popcorn, nuts and cold drinks and water. I could have easily used me a cocktail, but ole’ well. I also had my all-time favorite, nachos. There were other foods but anyone that knows me, knows I love me some good ole’ fashion nachos with peppers. My evening was really complete after that.




As I have become older, I’m more about the simple life. And, although it’s was not my typical get away of blue water and white sand, I enjoyed my day that was set before me. In learning to go with the flow, I’ve come to appreciate what has been entrusted to me.

Be Blessed….

Let’s Chit Chat:

How have you learned to go with the flow of what life has been given to you?  


Comments