Avon On The Go: Zoom Zoom


Avon, Avon Representative, Marketing, Networking, LifeStyle Blogger, Blogger, Atlanta, Baton Rouge
A comfort zone is a beautiful place, but nothing ever grows there. ~ Anonymous
As I’m sitting in the passenger seat on my way back to Baton Rouge from Atlanta, my thoughts are focused on writing about my experience of taking my Avon business across the state. I’m so engaged in sharing my experience that I am writing in my note section of my iPhone. When thinking about a title I immediately thought about the launching of my personal mobile coaching business tagline, “Meeting you where you are!” My mobile coaching business is still in the launching process, however it works for both and ties in perfectly for the two. And, that’s how “Avon On The Go” derived for this post.
Since deciding to seriously grow my Avon business I have been thoroughly engaged in finding what works for me and what will set me apart from others. In that, I have been using my Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Sales & Marketing skills to work for my benefit. Just thinking about it excites me. One thing I have learned throughout this process is that no one will go out there and get it for you. You have to put in the work to see the fruits of your labor. My goal is to motivate you and give you the confidence to step out of your box and see what works for you. Remember what works for me may not work for you and vice versa.
With that said, let’s get started! Grab your favorite beverage, get focused, sit back, relax and read on…  
It’s that time of year again, Football Season! Yayyyy... And, in that I travel a lot with my fiancé because he’s a Sports Commentator. In previous years, I did not think about taking my business on the road with me. It was not a mindset of mine. However, today the tables have turned in my life and now I’m working my Avon business full time. When the tables turn, your thought process should too!
The night before I was to leave to go out of town, well actually in the wee hours of Saturday morning God woke me up and I knew that was my alone time with him to gain clarity. I sat up, Indian style and asked for wisdom and discernment. I did not ask for anything specific, just things in general for my day to day activities. Well, this particular time, I received the message to take my Avon business on the road with me. As I continued, to listen, I received word to take out my business cards and write information on the back of them about our discount code for 1st time online orders. I was also given the word to write on the business card that once I receive confirmation of their order on my end that I would send them a personal gift from me as a token of my appreciation. And, to lastly ask them to like my Facebook business page. I was obedient to every word of what was said for me to do. Along with that information I was to hand out one of Avon’s small pamphlets. This was to be done at every stopped that we made. 


Avon, Marketing, Networking, LifeStyle Blogger, Avon Representative Blogger, Atlanta, Baton Rouge

After my prayer, mind you it’s like 4:38 in the morning. The deal between my fiancé and I, was that I was going to drive first, because he’s a head football coach for a high school, and his team had their first game out of town Friday night. Needless to say after my time with God that was no longer on my mind. I jumped out of my bed grabbed my business cards and started writing. I had other errands to run as well before we left.. That's right you guessed it I never went back to sleep. So, you know what did not happen, I did not drive first. My fiancé made the comment this wasn’t how it was discussed. I explained to him, what transpired the night before. Fortunately, not knowing what I had gone through in my prayer process he was tired from the night before and decided to sleep a little later so he was able to drive first until I slept a little to take over. Look at God!
Once I was energized it was on. Every stopped we made I made sure I was prepared with a business card and a pamphlet for a cashier. I would walk in, with my name tag on and introduce myself and asked them their name. I asked them if they were familiar with Avon and explained to them that I was an Avon Representative and I work my business across the state. I went over what I had written on the back of the card and asked them for their number to follow up with them to see if they had any questions about the ordering process. I asked them did they mine if I took a picture of me handing them the brochure and they obliged. I thanked them for their time and left. 

Avon, Avon Representative, Marketing, Networking, LifeStyle Blogger, Blogger, Alabama, Baton Rouge

Avon, Avon Representative, Marketing, Networking, LifeStyle Blogger, Blogger, Alabama, Baton Rouge


I continued this process with every stop we made. When we arrived to the hotel is was late and I was tired, so I did not interact with anyone. The next day was game day, however, I did prepare more cards to hand out in the suite we were in.

Check out day which was yesterday, I woke up with it on my mind. I got up, dressed and headed down stairs with my Avon tote to warm up my $32.00 (Yes, $32.00) worth of pancakes and grilled ham I had ordered Sunday morning. I did not eat all of them and thought to myself I’ll save them for checkout day. That gave me the opportunity to network and work my business. And, hunty… that was just what I did when I finished eating.
This time around, when I approached potential customers and went over my business card information, I asked them to take a picture with me and the Avon material I discussed. The more I approached new customers (I'm claiming it) the more confidence I gained. I have never been a shy person, I meet no stranger, and I will talk to anyone. However, this was the first time that I was out of the state and networking for my business. I had done this previously when I first sold Avon for twelve years but that was in my twenties. Well, let me tell you it didn't take long for me to get my mojo back, before you know it I was working that front lobby talking to people and telling them all aboutat Avon, the quality of the clothes, the skin products and everything. I encouraged them to visit my website to look at what all Avon had to offer. 


Avon, Avon Representative, Marketing, Networking, LifeStyle Blogger, Blogger, Atlanta, Baton Rouge

Avon, Avon Representative, Marketing, Networking, LifeStyle Blogger, Blogger, Atlanta, Baton Rouge

Avon, Avon Representative, Marketing, Networking, LifeStyle Blogger, Blogger, Atlanta, Baton Rouge

Avon, Avon Representative, Marketing, Networking, LifeStyle Blogger, Blogger, Atlanta, Baton Rouge

Each woman I approached, even on the highway going to and coming from Atlanta seemed very receptive to the information. I definitely know I made an impression with the front desk staff at the hotel. Each person commented their mother, or someone they knew mother sold it or bought it one time or another in the past. One even told me she had been looking for a representative, so now she could put a face with the person she would be ordering from. I was like yasssss hunty! When people see that you are confident and believe in what you are selling they respond differently. I was very proud of myself for being obedient to what God had prepared me to do. I could have easily prepared to do what he had said and not followed through however I followed through with the process and for that I cheered myself on. One thing I will say is, never wait for someone to cheer you on, get your Pom poms like a friend of mine would say and cheer your damn self on. And, I’m one hell of a cheerleader for myself!


Avon, Avon Representative, Marketing, Networking, LifeStyle Blogger, Blogger, Atlanta, Baton Rouge

Avon, Avon Representative, Marketing, Networking, LifeStyle Blogger, Blogger, Atlanta, Baton Rouge

Avon, Avon Representative, Marketing, Networking, LifeStyle Blogger, Blogger, Atlanta, Baton Rouge

Avon, Avon Representative, Marketing, Networking, LifeStyle Blogger, Blogger, Baton Rouge, Alabama

Here are six things to take away from this post:
1.      Always where a conversation starter for your business. Mine is my name tag. Find out what your conversation starter is and promote it. It could be Avon’s clothing, jewelry, makeup, etc. or whatever business a person has.
2.      Waiting for someone to ask you about your business will not always happen, so be prepared to introduce yourself and share your business.
3.      Always carry your business cards and books. At least, if you run out of books, you will have your business card to refer them to your website.
4.      You are a representation of your business, so make sure you are always on point.
5.      Celebrate your successes, even the small ones.
6.      Be genuine, kind and most importantly professional, you never know who is paying attention and that can be a deal breaker for your business in whether you get referrals or not.
Now that I have been obedient to God’s word, all I have to do is be patient and watch the fruits of my labor come to pass. Can I say, “Won’t he do it?” Yes, he will….
I sincerely hope you enjoyed the read as much as I enjoyed the experience with taking Avon on the go with me. I hope this post will inspire and motivate you to find a process that works for you so that you can implement it and watch your business grow to be successful. I really hope that if you are looking for something to do on the side for extra income, that this post will inspire you to consider working with me.

Sincerely,


Ya Girl, Dee

Comments

  1. I truly enjoyed your posting. If you do not mind, I would very much like to post your experience in my November newsletter.

    I will be contacting you.

    Again, I truly enjoyed your posting.🌟

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment