3 Reasons Why Your Only Limit is YOU

                      The Only Limits That Exist Are the Ones In Your Mind! ~ Anonymous

Oftentimes, we are our biggest limit! 

We make one excuse after another as to why we cannot or have not accomplished the desires of our hearts.

We ponder so many possibilities but yet never take the steps. After a while, we talk ourselves out of our dreams. It comes to a point where we do not believe in ourselves or deem ourselves not worthy enough to make something out of ourselves.

We allow so much time to pass us by that we start having regrets that we did not follow that nudge that was lingering deep down in the pit of our stomachs.

Does this sound familiar? I know it does for me.

We look at other people and think why not us? We think, if they could do, why can’t I? Or, if they did it, I know I can. I have been guilty of these thoughts as well.

What I have found out, was that in the past what separated me from them, was courage.   

From talking to my friends, sharing stories with strangers and thinking back on my own life, I will share 3 reasons discussed as to why the limits were there.

1.       Fear – Fear of the unknown will keep you locked into a place of complacency. Although we have no clue of the outcome we are too scare to see if we have the possibility of succeeding because we are scared to fail.  

2.       Other people’s opinion – I think it’s safe to say even the ones who have actually took their leap of faith have wrestled with this one. We are human and until we as individual get to a place of  “I don’t GAF who don’t F*&&# with me” thoughts of other peoples opinion weighs heavy when we are stepping into unfamiliar territory and doing things others are not.

3.       Our past – What can I say about the past but it is the past, yet the past sometimes is our biggest discouragement. From, I was not raised to be an entrepreneur or I do not have a college degree to I didn’t have the funds, we have found some reason to blame the past from not moving forward and taking a leap.  

Does any of these sound familiar with yourself or people you’ve had a conversation with? I can say in the past I have been guilty of fear. I have allowed fear to rob me of many things career wise and following my dreams of becoming a full-time entrepreneur ever since my 20’s.

Now that I more wiser and seasoned, fear is no longer a topic or issue for me. I now do things afraid. I have branched out within the last year and half for sure and if feels damn good. With each passing day, I step into the unknown and pray for the best. I have learned what will be, will be. And, if I never take a step, I will never know, what in fact, will be.

I now figure like this, F̴E̴A̴R̴ in my life has been the culprit for far too long!  It is time for fear to be kicked in the ass and no longer allowed. It is time to look fear in the eye and say NO MORE will I allow you to hinder me!

Are you with me?

Today, I want YOU to make it up in your mind as I have, to stop fearing the unknown, let your past, be just that your past, and lastly, stop allowing what people might say to be the reason you have not pressed forward.

You will never know what’s for you until you take the next step!

Let’s chat:

Which number resonated with you or did all of them?

Let’s live limitless together!

Daria

Comments

  1. Out of the three, I would say I allowed number two to impact my life the most. I never had a problem with stepping out and trying things, and in fact, I've allowed people's opinions to stop me even after I started making money, but I also have to admit....the lack of support plus the negative opinions kept me from taking my life and past business to the next level. Now however, I'm ready to hit all of my goals and make this the best decade ever. I've taken the time to heal myself, forgive myself and others. Meditation, journaling my goals and dreams, and joining groups with other like minded people has helped me tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear you have move past all of the distractions to hit all of your goals for the next phase in your life. I also agree being in the company of other like minded people is the way to go to keep your focus. I also meditate and write out my goals and dreams. Habakkuk 2:2 Be bless and have a great year!

      Delete
  2. I was just writing in my journal prompt how much fear is holding me back. But as you wrote we have to rebuke fear and tell it leave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Brittany rebuke fear! I also found it best to be intentional when writing. If you have to hit repeat, repeat, repeat about fear leaving, do so. Let it be an affirmation for you all throughout the day if you need to do it. Also, try writing lines about the fear leaving. And, don't forget to do it afraid! Be Blessed and have a great year!

      Delete

Post a Comment