10 Self-Care Sunday Ideas To Replenish Your Soul

 

“Caring for myself is not self-indulgent, it is an act of survival!”  

~ Audre Lorde

Kudos to my hubby!

He saw what I needed and took action.

This was a much needed self-care day!

Body and reflexology massage....Yassssss hunty!

“I will survive!”

It is important to set aside some time to decompress regardless of how busy life can get. Our weeks are often rush without a breather in sight. Before you realize it, months have gone by and you have not scheduled anytime for yourself.  

You notice you are extremely tired. You have not been focusing. You are frustrated, patience are short and mentally, you do not know if you are coming or going.

It amazing me how our bodies let us know when self-care time is needed. If we are not careful, our bodies will shut completely down.

Preferable, I like to catch my “me time” before my body alerts me it is that time.

Learning the signs of when self-care is needed is imperative to stay healthy and focused.

Learning and studying self-awareness is the best thing I could have done for myself during the pandemic. I am at a point in life, where I must take time out and replenish my well-being. I know when it is needed and I have learned to be unapologetic about it. If I need to go to bed earlier than normal, I do. If I need to drown out all of the noise and go internally for a minute, I do. Whatever I need to do at that time for my well-being, I do.

It has become so that I tell people, when it is time for gift giving, I am not hard to please. I welcome $20.oo massage gift certificates from our local mall. That is a gift that can be considered “a gift that keeps on giving.” You never have to think what I can get Daria.

Staying healthy and energized is my focus. And, I wrote this post, so it can become yours as well.

The cool thing about self-care days is that it does not have to be expensive. It does not have to be elaborate. In reality it’s the little things that matter.

So whether you choose to get creative inside or go outside to find your woosah moment, remember the most important factor is that you do something to feel replenished and energized.

Not sure what to do for your self-care day, do not worry I have some ideas below.

·         Start a journal.

·         Go on a nature walk.

·         Make a date with friends and laugh.

·         Create an at home day spa.

·         Put on some music and dance.

·         Grab a glass of wine and soak in the tub.

·         Light an incense and candle and meditate.

·         Go on a day trip.

·         Do a facial and grab a glass of wine.

·         Get your nails done or do them yourself.

There are so many things that can be done for self-care. It all depends on what do you consider to be a self-care day for you. To sum it up, find what soothes your soul and go with the flow. Don’t make a big deal out of it, just relax and for the moment let everything go!

Let’s Chat:

Do you participate in self-care days?

What are some of your self-care regimens?

Daria

Comments