4 Principles to Achieve Success

 

Some people dream of success while others wake up and work hard at it! ~ Anonymous

To be the best in anything you must carry or develop certain principles within yourself.

With anything in life there are principles to achieving success.

Nothing in life comes to you easy. And, if you are under the assumption, it does, that is your first mistake towards working to achieve success in any area of your life.

Let me clarify what I mean. Unless you were born into riches you are unlikely to achieve success with having the mindset that things will be given to you without putting in hard work.

As I was working out yesterday, I started thinking about all of the things I wanted to achieve. At the first of the year, I decided I would be committed to achieve a certain fitness goal. I wanted a flat stomach, toned arms and thicker thighs or at least some nice tone ones by the time I made 50 years old, which will be December 1st, of this year. (Don’t judge me, lol) Wanting those things took major effort on my part. If I may be transparent, I knew because of my age and not previously being a true fitness person, this goal was not going to happen overnight.

I realized in order to achieve or to even come close to my goals, lifestyle changes had to come first. Based on my research, I needed to make a commitment to give every day 100 percent towards my efforts. Whether, it was eating healthier, working out 3 to 5 days a week and/or monitoring my calorie intake, I had to make it up in my mind to give it 100 percent or for that matter 120 percent to achieve that hot girl summer type of body.



Many thoughts were going through my mind about achieving this goal. For instance, I started thinking, can I tell myself that in 3 months, 6 months or even a year from now, Daria, you did the damn thing this past year.

Would I honestly be able to celebrate the wins? A flat stomach, toned arms and thicker or toner thighs. (What? A girl can dream!)

In having those thoughts, I knew it was time to get serious about everything that I wanted to accomplish or even come close to accomplishing in this time frame.  

Several principles entered my mind that I knew were needed or that I knew could help me in working toward my fitness goal success. At this point in my life, I want to be able to say that every day I gave my all to this goal. 

Whether, it comes into fruition or not, the way I would like it to, I want to be able to say I did the damn thing. I want to be able to say, “I did not let myself down.”

To get started or to stay on the path to achieving my fitness goal success, I begin to think of those principles a little harder to help me along my journey.

Principles are tools that one can incorporate in their lives to receive the outcome in which he or she desires.

Below I share with you four principles that I began and that you too can incorporate within your lifestyle to help you along your journey of becoming the best version of yourself while you work towards achieving success.

·         Determination – Determination is the will within yourself to not allow ANYTHING to stop you. Not life happenings or any other obstacle that may get in your way. Having the mindset, if someone were to tell you “NO” about something that can aid in your success, it is then you will develop, our Vice Presidents, Kamala Harris’s attitude when she said in her speech “She eats “No” for breakfast!” This right here is an entire word!!! And, one to develop to keep you motivated.

·         Commitment – When you speak the word commitment, you are making a commitment to yourself to improve the qualities that are within yourself or working towards to ensure you are one day successful. You are refusing to allow anyone or anything to stop you. You are staying committed to the process when everyone or everything could possibly be falling down all around you.

·         Consistency – Developing a consistent mindset will allow you to get up each day and work on your goals. Regardless of the circumstances that may occur, you will find a way to stay consistent to the process of achieving success.

·         Hard work –Have you heard of the saying “Hard work beats talent if talent doesn’t work hard.” The mentality of being a hard worker and putting in the work puts you in a better position than a person that has the talent but not working hard and just living for the moment.

Achieving success involves sacrifices, sweat, tears, late nights, sleepless nights, and sometimes, time away from family and friends. The road is bumpy and it has its ups and downs. Although, all of these things are true, I will add success is rewarding. Being able to look back at how hard you worked and looking at the fruits of your labor when it is success achieved will allow you to see that incorporating these four principles was worth the hard work, sacrifices and time.


Let’s Chat:

What principles do you incorporate when your mind is set on achieving success?

Daria

Comments