3 Reasons it's Good to Get Away

 
Cozumel, Mexico, Relax, Vacation, Peace, Refocus, Breathe, Life

 
Some of the best memories are made in flip flops. Kellie Elmore

Several weeks ago I had the opportunity to break away and enjoy a relaxing vacation in Cozumel, Mexico. It was a much needed vacation and long overdue. I have been working and handling life issues on overdrive, not knowing when I would have that initial breakdown. Mentally and physically I literally was running on low fuel.

I have come to realize we all need time to breakaway from “our reality life” sometimes. It could be a one night stay somewhere or if you have the opportunity to make it a longer getaway, then I say go forward it. The time I took did me a whirl of good. I no longer feel as if I want to run away and hide somewhere and just blink all of my troubles away.

The getaway allowed me to regroup, refocus and reprogram my mind. With an open and refreshed mind I feel I have regained my sanity and can conquer the next phase in life with whatever comes my way.

Everything about this vacation was on point. The scenery was beautiful and literally took my breath away. The blue water and white sand was so peaceful. Being on my own time and not having to rush to do this or that was relaxing in itself. It was just a joy to be able to lounge around, take in the scenery and just breathe.
 
Life, Cozumel, Mexico, Vacation

It had been at least two years since I had taken a nice and enjoyable blue water and white sand vacation. I have vowed to not let it be that long again. The reason being is, life is too short. One day we are here and the next we are gone. This vacation to Cozumel opened my mind to just how precious life is and how important it is to live. Sometimes we need a getaway to make us realize just that.

The opportunity to be able to just relax on the beach and look out to the calming water was priceless. Meeting, talking and laughing with people from all over the world who are there to enjoy the same luxuries was just as enjoyable.

Life, Vacation, Cozumel, Mexico, Vacation, Peace

I know everyone cannot or do not have the opportunity to get away but if someday you are able to seize the opportunity here are 3 good reasons to do so:

1.       Regroup – We all need this time to collect our thoughts. When we are able to have that “woosah” moment, it helps us to relax, relate, and release everything within us and breathe. Sometimes we need that heavy deep breathe, in and out moment, to let all of the anxiety in us out.

2.       Reprogram your mind – Now this is what did my body the best. When I was able to not have to think about anything and put everything in the back of mind by force, I was able to enjoy the moment. This time allowed my mind to just rest and be in the moment. By doing so, I have been allowed to look at things from a different perspective and think maybe x, y, and z isn’t that bad after all.

3.       Refocus – I am now able to focus on what is important. I had been lacking in areas in my life, because my focus had been all over the place. I have a lot going on in my world and that caused other areas in my life to be short changed. With this getaway I am now able to recognize the signs of my shortcomings and redirect my focus to the important things in life.

New beginnings, priceless moments and pictures is what I now have to look back on with my time in Cozumel. It’s refreshing when times become overwhelming to look back on these pictures and breathe. Reminiscing on these times allow me to relive this much needed getaway and be thankful for everything God has place in my path, good or bad.

To have the opportunity to come back regrouped, reprogrammed, and refocused has been the best gift this trip afforded me. With that being said, again I can’t stress enough that if given or afforded the opportunity to getaway my suggestion would be to seize the chance. You never know all that can be taken away from time off from “your reality life!” Remember, you don’t have to go anywhere extravagant, it could be a neighboring city within your state. Just taking some time for yourself is what is important.

Let’s Chat:

What do you take away from your vacation?

 
How do you feel when you come off of vacation?


Comments