Meet Our New Bundle of Joy ~ Gia Alyce

Bundle of Joy, Baby Girl, Granddaughters, Grandchildren


Ten little fingers, ten little toes, two beautiful eyes, and one button nose! Join us in celebrating the arrival of Baby Gia!

So, here I am again, welcoming my second grand-baby into the world.  I am a 2nd time Ya-Ya to a healthy baby girl named, Gia Alyce. It is hard to believe that I now have two grandchildren. If you know me or have been following me, you know that I am an only child, who had an only child. Therefore, to see that I now have two grand-children is surprising. I know my daughter wished she had a sibling growing up, and I’m pretty sure I wished that as well. Therefore, I can understand why she would have wanted to break the cycle of that only child syndrome for her children.

My first grand-daughter Grace Ann was born last year in September. You can read about my experience welcoming her into the world here. She is now 13 months. She was there to welcome her baby sister into the world. The doctor allowed her to stay in the room as long as someone was there to hold her. So my mother held her while I directed my attention towards my daughter. My grand-daughter is very observing (nosy, lol) so while my mother tried to stand back and look Grace Ann was breaking her neck to see. My mother ended up inching her way up a little so she could see her mother and what all the fuss was about.

After the baby was born, I took Grace Ann over by where the nurse had Gia so she could see her. It was funny to see her eyes widen in amazement when she looked at her baby sister. Although, she has no clue of what is going on and what is to come with having a baby sister, she was full of joy, happiness and smiles. It warmed my heart to see her little pretty smile. To now think I will have two little ones full of joy, happiness and smiles in the home is beyond belief.  

Grace Ann is such a joy to have in the house. My eyes are not big enough to see her and too now have two in the house, two little girls at that will be such a joy. To be honest with you it will first be an adjustment. When you go from two in a house to three, then four, all I can say is whew, a glass of wine please, lol.

As I’m typing this, it just really dawned on me that my once quiet place of serenity is now without a doubt gone and replaced with not one set of little feet but two sets of little feet that will be running all over the house before you know it. It’s exciting and scary at the same time.

I guess scary because this is new for me. I’m used to a quiet house. With Grace Ann, there was an adjustment period for me as well.  I was use to coming in to a quiet house, having my bath by 5 p.m., and being in my bed resting by 8 p.m. if not sleep. I always made sure I had my rest.  Even with Grace being in the home, some days I still managed to keep my routine. Now with two little soon to be busy bodies running around, we shall see how my routine will be rerouted.

It’s exciting for me because I so look forward to seeing Grace Ann when I walked through the door. Her little innocent smile just brightens up my day. Her little excitement and joy when she sees her Ya-Ya just overwhelms my heart. Now, to have two little sets of smiles to greet me when I walk through the door will be just as overwhelming and joyful.

To sum everything up, although this will be another adjustment for me, I wouldn’t trade being a Ya-Ya to my grandchildren for the world. It is through God’s grace and mercy that I was chosen for this roll of being their grandmother.

Look at some of my most precious and priceless moments.











Comments