The Journey to a Spiritual Awakening


Encouragement, Journey, Faith, Spirituality, Spiritual, Spiritual Awakening

I have undertaken my spiritual journey for my own advancement not for the approval or accolades of others. ~ Anonymous

I have been on a journey to a spiritual awakening for some time now. As a matter of fact, it all started back to when I first started this blog in 2015. It was a longing of mine to finding my purpose in life. A feeling of emptiness. Something that I could not easily explain. I just know that my life seemed empty. Even though my life was evolving there still was an emptiness.

I can remember going outside for lunch and the urge of emptiness was so strong and a feeling came over me. It was a feeling I could not explain. It was a message saying you were put here to do more than sit behind this desk. Don’t get me wrong. I am very thankful for my job however, there’s a bigger calling for me out there. Something that is more fulfilling to what I have been called to do.

Have you ever had this experience?

Looking back over the years of my life, I’ve been on this journey before still not quite finding what I have been missing. Each time I have been here what I can remember is that I would be working on a closer relationship with God, longing to find my purpose in life.

In the midst of me working on my relationship with God, I allowed life to happen to me, instead of me happening to life. With that, growing a closer relationship with God was put on the back burner.  I am not proud to admit that but it is my truth.

This time around, life has happened so much to me within these last few years that it has in fact brought me back to what should have been most important. My journey this time around has been different. I believe it is because I am older, focused and more importantly, determined to see this journey through.

As I have stated previously, it has been a longing of mine that I have been working on for years. But, I suppose because I wasn’t mentally mature enough for the experiences those previous times I did not see it through.

In my journey to spirituality I’ve sought out places that bring me peace, where I can talk to God out loud, be still, meditate, places where I can feel totally in tuned to his leading.

It is my quest to be taken out of the equation, humble myself and serve others more. In doing so, I am looking forward to being a blessing more than ever before. Whether, it’s being a more of listening ear than listening to respond, encouraging, motivating or inspiring I want to be totally in tune to the calling God has placed before me.

In being on this journey, I have learned so much about myself. And, in that it has taught me that I have the gift to be able to relate to people on many different levels from the trials and tribulations that I have have experienced thus far in my life.

I would like to professionally use those lessons to help others. While I still have a long ways to go at least now I know the direction I am working towards. One thing I know is that all though I want this type of career so badly I have to remember that I want to do his will and not mine. I do not want this out of selfishness but I want to be able to serve selfless.

The other day I read this prayer out of the many prayer books I have turned to while on my journey and it sticks with me every day.

The statement reads like this:

“If the goal fits into My plans for you, I will help you reach it. If it is contrary to My plan will for you, I will gradually change the desire of your heart. Seek me first and foremost; then the rest of your life will fall into place, piece by piece.”

These words are so profound to me. And, ever since reading them, they have been on my mind. It reminds me that I am seeking to do God’s will and not mine and that in fact if it is his will to pursue this career goal that it will indeed fall into place, piece by piece.

Let’s chat:

Have you ever been on a journey to a spiritual awakening?

If so, what did you learn about yourself during the process?

In that journey, were you lead into the direction you were seeking or a different one?










Comments